Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have huge scratches on the center black part by the shifter. Can these scratch be fixed with something. It looks like this part is a separate part from the rest of the center so I guess if worse comes to worse I could order one from the dealer. I am sure that would cost a lot though. There is also another scratch on the right side in the same spot. I have no idea how these got there but I hate it :mad:

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
I read a lot of reviews and that center piece got a lot of attention because it's glossy and can be scratched easily. I mean you could remove it and install a new one but how long will it be until you scratch that one? Know what I mean? I'm thinking of getting some plastic film to put over it like an ipod screen plastic cover.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I read a lot of reviews and that center piece got a lot of attention because it's glossy and can be scratched easily. I mean you could remove it and install a new one but how long will it be until you scratch that one? Know what I mean? I'm thinking of getting some plastic film to put over it like an ipod screen plastic cover.
That's a great idea!

I have a 6" wide roll of 3M film for doing rocker panels and the like. I think I will investigate this myself.

Cheers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
What about white scratch/line on the black arm rest (under the red stitching)? how do you clean or remove?

·
Registered
746 Posts
2fast - if yer referring to Plastic. try wiping the whole area with yer fav palstic protectant and or polish. then try magic eraser on the scratches.then wipe again with yer fav plastic protectant/polish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts