Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the following on the Kia Tech Site, Dated Sept. 2009.

"In some 2010MY Forte vehicles having a production date of March 03, 2009 to April 07,2009, the driver’s side seat belt buckle may not recognize that the seatbelt is buckled. This may result in the intermittent illumination of the seat belt warning light and sounding of the seatbelt warning chime, even with the driver’s seat belt properly buckled.:eek:

This condition does not affect the restraint system’s functionality. However, Kia is replacing the buckle to eliminate the possibility of this condition appearing and inconveniencing the customer.

Verify the vehicle is contained in the list of affected VIN’s. Use the following service procedure to replace the drivers seat belt buckle, part number 88830 1M500WK with newseat belt buckle, part number 88830 1M500WKQQK."

Please check with your Dealer regarding affected VINs.

If yours has been replaced, you should see the following sticker on the drivers side shock tower.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found the following on the Kia Tech Site, Dated Sept. 2009.

"In some 2010MY Forte vehicles having a production date of March 03, 2009 to April 07,2009, the driver’s side seat belt buckle may not recognize that the seatbelt is buckled. This may result in the intermittent illumination of the seat belt warning light and sounding of the seatbelt warning chime, even with the driver’s seat belt properly buckled.:eek:

This condition does not affect the restraint system’s functionality. However, Kia is replacing the buckle to eliminate the possibility of this condition appearing and inconveniencing the customer.

Verify the vehicle is contained in the list of affected VIN’s. Use the following service procedure to replace the drivers seat belt buckle, part number 88830 1M500WK with newseat belt buckle, part number 88830 1M500WKQQK."

Please check with your Dealer regarding affected VINs.

If yours has been replaced, you should see the following sticker on the drivers side shock tower.
Hi is the chime like a two sec long "teeeeet" sound?

·
Registered
178 Posts
This happened to me, but i never went to the dealership because all they ever do is tell me that they cant fix it...i have had sooooooo many problems that they just ignore me now.....happy i wasnt going nuts about it...when i got to the dealership i turned off the car, which reset it so it didnt do it when i came back out to show them....where do i get this TSB to show them??

·
Registered
145 Posts
I just had my car in for it's service, and this came up. Didn't have part in stock, so will be ordered and installed with my next service. I could track the Service Bulletin # down on my invoice

·
Registered
973 Posts
This happened to me, but i never went to the dealership because all they ever do is tell me that they cant fix it...i have had sooooooo many problems that they just ignore me now.....happy i wasnt going nuts about it...when i got to the dealership i turned off the car, which reset it so it didnt do it when i came back out to show them....where do i get this TSB to show them??
I'd probably just go to a different dealership
When I wen to my dealership after I heard there was a tsb for reprogramming the HU/bluetooth, I asked them about it and they looked it up for me
they didn't say "we don't have time for that" or "we can't fix that"
so you probably just got stuck with a sh!tty dealership

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here is a copy paste of the campaign... Do not know if it will be very legible but hope this helps...

No. KT2009100101 Type Campaign
Language English Published 10/1/2009
Model Forte [TD](2010) Area N. America
Gr./Sys./Comp Restraints / Seat Belt Pretensioner / Other component
Symptom EL7000 - instrument malfunction
RTN003 - Others
Subject Voluntary Service Campaign: 2010MY Forte (TD) Drivers Seat Belt Buckle Replacement (SC 078)
Description
Click HERE to open PDF of this Service Campaign

In some 2010MY Forte vehicles having a production date of March 03, 2009 to April 07, 2009, the driver’s side seat belt buckle may not recognize that the seatbelt is buckled. This may result in the intermittent illumination of the seat belt warning light and sounding of the seatbelt warning chime, even with the driver’s seat belt properly buckled.

Verify the vehicle is contained in the list of affected VIN’s. Use the following service procedure to replace the drivers seat belt buckle, part number 88830 1M500WK with new seat belt buckle, part number 88830 1M500WKQQK.

Vehicles Affected
2010MY Forte (TD) vehicles produced between March 3, 2009 and April 7, 2009.

Parts Information
Part Name

New Part No.

Qty Required

Seat Belt Buckle Assembly

88830 M500WKQQK

Campaign Completion Sticker

UE090 SC078

Tie Wrap*

If necessary, locally source additional tie wraps using the following specifications:

4 3/4” length by 0.189” width

Service temperature: -40 F. to +185 F. (Ul 94V-2 Nylon)

Color UV Black (UV = Ultraviolet Resistant)

N/A

Service Procedure
Inspection Procedure:

1. Open hood and check for SC078 Campaign completion label on the strut tower behind the fuse box. If the label exists, NO FURTHER ACTION IS REQUIRED.

If label does not exist, continue to step 2.

Repair Procedure:

1. Remove four mounting bolts for driver’s seat (A).

2. After removing the seat mounting bolts, tip the seat backwards to access plastic mount-ing bracket for seat track, side airbag, and seat belt connectors.

3. Using thumb and forefinger squeeze the sides of the plastic connector mounting bracket and gently pull bracket away from seat bottom.

4. After the plastic connector mounting bracket is removed from the seat frame, disconnect seat track sensor, side airbag and seat belt buckle connectors.

5. Remove the driver's seat assembly from the vehicle. place the seat on a clean surface.

• Using a trim tool, remove the push-in tie wrap anchor from the seat frame (A),

• Cut tie wrap that secures harness under seat bottom (B),

• Remove the buckle wire harness from the seat.

• Remove the seat belt buckle mounting nut (C).

6. Make sure that wave washer has not fallen off of mounting post and is in place before installing new seat belt buckle assembly.

7. Install new seat belt buckle assembly (part number 88830 1M500WKQQK).

8. Make sure wiring for the seat belt buckle is correctly routed and secured.

• Route harness under seat trim.

• Secure harness to seat frame with push-in fastener. (new seat belt buckle harness is pre-assembled with fastener attached to harness)

• Route harness through correct hole in seat frame.

9. Use a new plastic tie wrap to secure wire harness to underside of seat as indicated in photo.

10. Verify all the harnesses and connectors are properly routed and secured and that the connector mounting bracket is securely attached to seat frame.

11. Install the driver's seat assembly in reverse order of removal.

12. Turn ignition switch to ON position

• Verify the seat belt warning light is off when the seat belt is buckled.

• Verify airbag warning light is not illuminated.

13. After completion of the procedure, open the hood and affix the SC078 campaign completion sticker to the strut tower behind the fuse box.

Operation Code And Time
Claim Type

Causal P/N

Qty.

N Code

C Code

Repair Description

Labor Op Code

Time

Replacement P/N

Qty.

R

88830 1M500WK

N69

C15

Drivers Seat Belt Buckle Replacement

090038R0

0.3 M/H

88830 1M500WKQQK

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
731 Posts
I know this thread/post is very old. But is this campaign still in effect? My 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2 is doing the safety belt warning bs for weeks.

I checked with my Autel maxicheck 808 scanner. These are the DTC's/codes that have been in my 2010 Kia since I bought the car from my friend who was the 3rd owner. Which is why he sold it to me. 1 because we were wanting a 2nd car & 2. My friend knows I am very mechanically inclined around cars.

▪︎B1324 weight classification system (WCS) communication error.
Supposed fixes: replace clock spring,seat airbag connections wires/harness, pins+connections, seat track rail sensors,

▪︎B1378 front driver side airbag (DSAB) resistance too high.
Supposed fixes:replace airbag modules.

▪︎B1382 front passenger side airbag (PSAB) resistance too high.
Supposed fixes: replace airbag module.

▪︎B1511 driver buckle switch circuit open or short to battery.
Supposed fixes: replace seat buckle.

▪︎B1513 passenger buckle switch circuit open or short to battery.
Supposed fixes: replace seat buckle

▪︎B2500 warning lamp failure.
Supposed fixes:
Burnt-out Air Bag Warning Lamp
Faulty Air Bag Warning Lamp
Air Bag Warning Lamp harness is open or shorted
Air Bag Warning Lamp circuit poor electrical connection
Faulty Supplemental Restraints System Control Module (SRSCM)

▪︎B1323 occupant classification system (OCS) & (WCS) failure defect.
Supposed fixes: replace seat occupant weight mat sensor (between foam) & or weight mat sensor module/module (underneath seat),check wires pins connectors, harness, check seat track rail sensors.

▪︎C1260 steering angle sensor (SAS) circuit signal.
Supposed fixes: Faulty Steering Angle Sensor, Steering Angle Sensor harness is open or shorted, Steering Angle Sensor circuit poor electrical
connection, inspect the related wiring harness & connectorss, check for damaged components,look for broken, bent, pushed out,

All these DTC's/codes stored/detected/saved were cleared after I installed a new clockspring & cleared/reset airbag events 1&2.
The steering wheel angle sensor (SAS) its zif cable was broken.

Now, the damn effing safety belt warning sound & icon flashes every few seconds untill the car is stationed/parked/on idle or off. It goes off the second I shift into 1st & all gears at any & all speeds.

Stops when I'm in neutral/coasting in neutral & at a stop/yield/red light.

I also have this in a post with pics.
2010 Forte Koup SX airbag/SRS DTC's & codes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts