Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My iphone has been working just fine but since installing the latest Apple software update 4.0.2, it no longer works. iphone connects then gives an "empy folders" message. Anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions?
Cheers

·
Registered
316 Posts
This happened to me today with my usb drive. I just shut the radio off and on and it started up again...problem solved. If it happens a few more times the dealer will get a visit though

·
Registered
513 Posts
I almost never turn off my iphone.. but since the os 4 update.. I've once or twice had to reboot my iphone just to get it to work with the ipod cable.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
A little extreme if a restart fixes the problem. Either way you can't restore back to previous OS.
Sorry. My post was assuming they tried to turn the phone off and back on. That would be the first step. If that doesn't work the restore the phone. I don't think it's the OS just possibly a bad install / etc

Sometimes a clean restore is the best solution to resolve ongoing issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
that has happened to me. What I did was go to my songs on my iphone and hit the play button and let the song play and then hook up the cord to the phone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to clarify... iphone works fine stand-alone. I'm only having problems when connecting to my awesome kia car stereo. ;-)

·
Registered
513 Posts
This thread is useless if you don't try either one of our suggestions... :p

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
This thread is useless if you don't try either one of our suggestions... :p
X2... Even if you are experiencing issues only some of the time.. It's still an issue and not functioning as it should.

Plug it into iTunes and back it up and hit the restore button. Simple

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
A little extreme if a restart fixes the problem. Either way you can't restore back to previous OS.
There are applications that will restore your phone to previous versions. The 3G users are doing it alot after they found their phones operating much slower with the new 4.0 OS.

·
Registered
318 Posts
just had this problem about 20 minutes ago all i did was turn it off then turn the phone back on and it worked just fine

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
My Iphone 3Gs

Yay! Thanks for all your suggestions. Powering the iphone OFF and back on fixed the problem. that's the second time forums has helped me out.
Cheers.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey, im running into an issue as well my stereo isnt reading my I phone 3GS at all? now im using a normal i pod cable, not the one from kia..... would that make a difference ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
hey, im running into an issue as well my stereo isnt reading my I phone 3GS at all? now im using a normal i pod cable, not the one from kia..... would that make a difference ?
Yeah what usamare said,for example my Alpine iDA-X100 only works with the Alpine supplied cable and I understand both the current Kia and Hyundai HU's will only function with the OEM cable. I don't understand why this is or why they'd do that other than selling a 50 cent piece of cable and connectors for $30...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts