Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

My Koup unsuccessfully connects to neither an iPod touch 3G nor an iPhone 4. What would happen is a sound would repeatedly play on the iPod (the sound that the iPod normally makes when it connects to a laptop) until I unplug it from the USB. The car just won't recognize these devices. Will take a video soon if this wasn't elaborate enough!

However it connects fine to an iPod nano 4G, and flashdrives.

Is there any way to resolve this? :confused:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have the same problem with my iPhone 4, iPod Nano plays fine too, still hoping for a fix

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, it can't connect with the original ipod or iphone cable, you need one special cable know as the (KIA iPod Cable), I buy mine from ebay on $9.99
it work fine and charge it same time :);)

·
Registered
6 Posts
by the way, I go to two dealers and the first tell me they have it on $67.99 and the second one have it on $150.00, so be careful of sharks outhere.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I already bought the cable from KIA and still same issue, iPod plays from both cables, iPhone plays and charges from neither

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine was free 40 normally but he put it in the deal for me lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used the original iPod cable for my Nano and it connected fine.
But SX FORTE is experiencing the same issue and he has the KIA cable, which leads me to assume it's more of a compatibility issue?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine says its not charging but the battery sign goes to charging sign still

·
Registered
257 Posts
It will always say not compatible on your iPhone because the car isn't registered as an apple approved product

1 - 10 of 10 Posts