Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a car mount for my iphone to go into my koup. I am not looking for the window suction thing or anything that requires 3m tape. I looking for a vent mounted one. Does anyone have one already or know where I can get one. I know proclip sells them but you have to buy the car mount and the phone mount and together with taxes that would be almost $80. That is a little high just for a phone car mount. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I keep mine in my pocket and let the bluetooth do the work that way I won't ever forget it in the car. If using it for GPS I put it in the center arm rest top tray. I use to have the cigarette lighter type holder for it in my old car but never really liked it since it flopped around too much.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just like the idea of being able to look at my phone without really taking my eyes off the road. That way I can use the gps or even if I get a text I can see what it is, even though I would NEVER reply while driving :) I like my bluetooth but unless I am mistaken it doesn't tell you who is calling? I can't remember since it's been so long since I received a call while driving. I bought a mount before that was the wrong one so I gave it to my brother and he uses it in his BMW and it sits exactly how I wanted my phone to see, right in eyesight.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It displays the phone number of who is calling me on the radio display. I find reading txt's too distracting since they are small lettering and I have a few friends who like txting alot. Also find it hard not to want to reply to the txt if you read it.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I have a sedan and still haven't found a good place for a mount for when I use gps. I am
thinking of modding my sunglass holder since it's drop down and having it there. Still in the early thought process. Big concern is I would want to charge it up there and don't want a cable hanging so would have to do some surgery to run charger cable up there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MFury, I like that padded holder but isn't that just part of the system? you need the phone mount plus the mount for the car and those two together add up to a lot of money, unless I am looking at this wrong. I know when I just went and put in iphone mount for the kia forte it came to $68 plus shipping.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Sorry, just went back to your original message and seen you mention proclips already. Yeah there are a little pricey but I don't think your going to find something this custom for the Forte that looks like it belongs.

I am not a fan of vent mounts since it blocks the vent and they are flimsy and move around while trying to use the touch screen.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Seems as though the length of the KIA USB cable limits where you can mount.
If you search my posts or search the forum for iPod cable extender you will find a link to purchase cable extenders that work like a charm. I used them to hide my iPod.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
PharaohKoup, I looked on that site and the only vent mounts I saw say horizontal vent only. Since the last mount I bought said the same thing and did not work at all I am a little weary about buying one again. I was looking on ebay and although I said I didn't want a stick on mount this may be the only real affordable option. Opinions please.

CAR DASH AIR VENT MOUNT HOLDER FOR IPHONE 3G/3GS 3G S - eBay (item 110515404434 end time May-03-10 16:24:16 PDT)

Btw, I was thinking of putting it up on the gloss black part of the car where it says mp3 player???

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yea it said that for my Garmin mount too. The little teeth that grab the vents snap in.. so you can twist them in any direction really. But if you have had bad luck with mounts of this type then I would look at other options...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts