Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with a plan for an iPhone/iPod mount other than the one in the cup holder or sticking it to the window? I would like a way to vertically mount my iPhone near the aux plug area. By the way... 2 day old black on black sx 6sp manual sedan.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My iPhone holder is my belt clip, it never leaves its holder when in the car due to the lovely bluetooth function. I use a flash drive for music. Never have to worry about leaving my phone in the car.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info however doesn't really answer my question. Not interested in using USB or alternate mp3 player. The reason I'm asking is I also use my iPhone for gps Apps and looking for a good way to mount the iPhone so it's viewable and accessible.

Thanks though.

·
Registered
486 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks pharaoh! The first one looks possible. Thinking about having the light
package installed so not sure on the second as it might be overkill with red lights.

Thanks though that first might just work out!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Thanks pharaoh! The first one looks possible. Thinking about having the light
package installed so not sure on the second as it might be overkill with red lights.

Thanks though that first might just work out!
The first one looks like it would work, but remember you would be limited on mounting points since the Kia cable is only 12"s long and other cables don't work.

Curious to see how it works out if you order this. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The first one looks like it would work, but remember you would be limited on mounting points since the Kia cable is only 12"s long and other cables don't work.

Curious to see how it works out if you order this. :cool:
That was one of my concerns as well with the first. Not sure why anyone would ever make a connection cable 12" long. However I was thinking of trying to mount it in the charger / "lighter" area. However, that might result in in having to look down to use the gps Whig might be a pain.

Might be worth the $7.50 to try it out. I'll keep you posted however keep coming with the suggestions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hell, I'll give it a shot. Here's where it won't help you though, I don't care if it is mounted low as I have a seperate GPS that I use, but I do like having access to my phone without having it just lay in the cubbie, or cup holder...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hell, I'll give it a shot. Here's where it won't help you though, I don't care if it is mounted low as I have a seperate GPS that I use, but I do like having access to my phone without having it just lay in the cubbie, or cup holder...
Same here. Just looking for something that holds the phone in an upright viewable position, but out of the way of all of the other controls in the car.

Looking forward to any and all feed back.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'll post a pic as soon as I go to the car. I bought a cheapo universal rotating mount (for about $5 at Canadian tire). The mount comes with a sticky base that I put in the open space in front of the AUX and power plugs. Works like a charm. I've used it for a number of phones and it held my Omnia, which is roughly the same dimensions as an iPhone.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That was one of my concerns as well with the first. Not sure why anyone would ever make a connection cable 12" long. However I was thinking of trying to mount it in the charger / "lighter" area. However, that might result in in having to look down to use the gps Whig might be a pain.

Might be worth the $7.50 to try it out. I'll keep you posted however keep coming with the suggestions.
Glancing down there for a GPS hasn't been a problem for me. However, depending on your GPS, you may experience longer than usual acquisition time. Hasn't been a problem for me though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'll post a pic as soon as I go to the car. I bought a cheapo universal rotating mount (for about $5 at Canadian tire). The mount comes with a sticky base that I put in the open space in front of the AUX and power plugs. Works like a charm. I've used it for a number of phones and it held my Omnia, which is roughly the same dimensions as an iPhone.
Ile2010 , Is this the one you used ?

Universal Cell Phone and Mobile Device Holder | Canadian Tire

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 16 of 16 Posts