Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my iPhone 3G to the new OS4 that was released on Monday and now I no longer get the "Transfer Complete" message each time I start the car. The phone is still synced by Bluetooth since I can still give voice commands to dial numbers and actually talk on the phone through the car system.

Any other iPhone users that upgraded their OS have this occur too?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Damn, I need to upgrade to iOS 4. The 'transfer complete' voice is haunting and I have nightmares over it ;) I just have to wait for a jailbreak for the 3G before I update.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have noticed that I get "Pairing Failed" with my iPhone on iOS4.0. Now I typically connect my iPhone with the Kia iPod cable and that may be part of the issue. I can get it to pair if I turn off the phone and the car and then it will reconnect when the cable isn't plugged in. I don't get the transfer complete voice either. I'm going to test it without plugging in the cable first and hopefully it doesn't give me the pairing failed issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn't notice... I'll see tomorrow before going to work.. I usually tune out any sound within the 10-15 seconds after starting the car so i won't hear the "transfer complete" message. if it's gone, then all the better!

·
Registered
204 Posts
its out already ;) look around redsn0w
I've used blackra1n and spirit previously but I have no real knowledge of redsn0w. Isn't that for mac users only? I thought I remember reading about one of the sn0w's before and it seemed like more work. Anyway, I will have to look into it.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Lol, can you guys please confirm that your phones are actually still working properly? The lack of "transfer complete" might not be a good thing.
I made 4 different calls without the voice and turned the car off once and re paired just to make sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No more transfer complete for me after updating to iOS 4. Kind of nice. Every time my 4yr old got into the car he would say "transfer complete"

Not sure if all the phone functions work just yet, as I haven't made or received any calls...

Finally...

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.