Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I was wondering if it is possible to play videos on the iPhone on the car speakers(iPod Cable)?

I've tried a few times and it doesnt seem to work, I press play and it stops right away or it goes straight to my Ipod music.

I tried with a iPhone 4, OS 4.2.1 and an iPod Classic and no luck. I also tried streaming videos(youtube) and video on my ipod playlist and same result.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
welcome to the forums!
a friend of mine plugged in his laptop and then cell phone. both seem fine. we were listening to music on both of them. i wouldn't know about ipods and iphones because i dont own either of them. but i have a feeling it should work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Copper - ive been reading for a while..

Supreme - I was just wondering if it would be working with the Kia ipod cable. I kinda like that cable because it charges my phone and I can control my playlist from the car panel.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks Copper - ive been reading for a while..

Supreme - I was just wondering if it would be working with the Kia ipod cable. I kinda like that cable because it charges my phone and I can control my playlist from the car panel.
try just pluggin in the aux part of the cable and not the usb connector and see ifit works. all the kia cable is is two in one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found this post while doing some random searches on iphone/bluetooth as it relates to the Forte. A little late to the party but here's what I've been able to do - on my 2011 Koup SX, I can stream audio (videos and music) from my iphone 4 via bluetooth. Just make sure your phone is paired to your car.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Make sure your phone is set to the right output. Sometimes the app or ipod needs to be changed to direct control. Our iphone4 plays audio from youtube with the kia cable and over bluetooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts