Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya guys, new here, second post. had a question. Please help!

I know there is a proprietary cable available. My question is if this cable is just a ipod cable and stereo cable combined. I mean to ask if if use my regular apple ipod cable would it work fine? or am i losing functions?

Also someone told me not all ipods get charged in the forte. I have a Ipod Touch. will i have any issues?

Thanks guys.

Rano

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hiya guys, new here, second post. had a question. Please help!

I know there is a proprietary cable available. My question is if this cable is just a ipod cable and stereo cable combined. I mean to ask if if use my regular apple ipod cable would it work fine? or am i losing functions?

Also someone told me not all ipods get charged in the forte. I have a Ipod Touch. will i have any issues?

Thanks guys.

Rano
If you want to be able to control your ipod through the stereo and steering wheel, with the tag displayed on the stereo then you will need the Kia iPod cable. I thought I had a charging issue with my iPhone, but it turns out that it was the case causing the problem. My iPhone charges and plays just fine, fully interactive with the car when it is plugged in. I got mine off eBay for much cheaper than what Kia sells them for, just tossing that one out there...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot! the cheapest i have seen them on ebay are $20 with shipping. that's half of what kia sells them for. how much did you get yours for? Thanks again for answering my question.

Rano

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks a lot! the cheapest i have seen them on ebay are $20 with shipping. that's half of what kia sells them for. how much did you get yours for? Thanks again for answering my question.

Rano
I think it was about $25 with shipping. Haven't regretted it once since I can use my phone's iPod (sometimes), AND can charge my phone w/out using one of the ports. That frees up the space for my GPS and radar detector...

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
You can use your regular IPod cable but you will not be able to see the song or artist on the vehicle screen display nor on your IPod screen. You can use the steering wheel and stereo buttons to control the IPod but it will mostly work as an IPod shuffle (keep clicking the next button until you find a song you want).

With the Kia IPod adapter you will be able to see the song and artist on the vehicle screen display (not your IPod) and you can pick a song, artist, playlist, etc. through the stereo. My only gripe is it will only show you one song, artist, playlist at a time instead of a list like the IPod screen does. I found that if you barely unplug the end of the adapter from the IPod you can use the IPod screen to choose your music but then it does not show the song and artist on the vehicle screen display.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I use a Targus 9 pin to 30 pin adapter for my ipod. With this cable, I can use a 3.5 male/male to the AUX port. I am able to use my Ipod directly to select tracks and such. The only problem with this method is that since I am using this cable, the volume needs to be turned up quite a tad (20 vol for decent noise).

Targus 9-pin to 30-pin Adapter Cable for iPod - AEC26US - Buy.com

Pros: Able to use iPod functionality. Listen to videos.
Cons: Can't Charge IPOD. Can't display anything on car radio AUX. Volume needs to be turned up more. Also hard this accessory is hard to find nowadays.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the KIA iPod cable from sharkracing, and when I press the RDM button while the iPod is plugged it doesn't play songs randomly, any idea why this happens?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the KIA iPod cable from sharkracing, and when I press the RDM button while the iPod is plugged it doesn't play songs randomly, any idea why this happens?
Random works - the problem that I have is that I utilize the bluetooth functions... Whenever I get a "connection complete", "transfer complete" or a phone call - I have to press the random button again when it re-enters the aux/ipod mode or it won't be random. It doesn't STAY in random mode when it switches back and I lose the random order (meaning I may hear the songs again in the next random order).

The KIA cable doesn't respect all of the Ipod/Itunes settings either. I have songs setup to be skipped when shuffling and they WILL play on random mode.

BTW - anyone trying an aux cable and a usb at the same time w/ their Ipod will not get the same results as using the KIA cable...

·
Registered
5 Posts
IPOD Touch to Car Audio Connector

It play well with 1st GEN Itouch. AfterI got my 3rd and 4th GEN Itouch, it says reading error....I did a OS upgrade and still the same. Do I need to find a compatible Audio Jack Cable? any clues:(

Kat

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got mine this weekend. 17.00 from Ebay. The thing works flawlessly and rocks the stock system.
someone on here was saying that if i buy the kia ipod usb adapter that i would be able to store music from my ipod in to the stereo is this true?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts