Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has used a k&n filter or any other high flow filter.Does it make any difference at all with mpg,performance,or sound?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used a K & N oil filter at the first oil change. There wasnt any appreciable change at all to the performance/mpg/sound. I am back to the stock Kia filter- imo the high cost isnt justified.

·
Registered
144 Posts
rat979 is talking about an air filter, not oil.

I too wanna see what people say before I decide to go all in for a CAI kit.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
A drop in filter isn't worth the time. Wait till a goof CAI get's released.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
after looking at the stock kia filter I'd say no.. its almost the same thing just with out the oil.. I mean the oil on the K&N might trap more dirt but the stock filter looks really good.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I was about to say oil or air filter?
I changed my oil and put in a k&n oil filter last time based on several reviews and tests I read.
The K&N drop in is about 3/4 of an inch thinner than the stock kia filter, and it sounds ALOT better
not sure what the actual performance gains are but the sound and the fact that it never has to be changed if you clean it every year is more than enough for me

·
Registered
522 Posts
i agree it sound better more so when i took out the prefilter on the air box, car sound more throaty when i step on it. as for the difference in hp not noticable, untill i shut off the tcs and really put my foot down. at least it feels better on the seat of my pants!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.