Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Have any of you had a software update for the KIA Koup to sort out the flat spots and throttle response - my dealer here in South Afirca say they are waiting for KIA korea to get the software to SA, apparently it is availible in Korea - is it availible at your dealers in the States.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,842 Posts
There are software updates for the 2.0L engine (not very recent ones). I'm not aware of any for the 2.4 yet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
i called kia they said no

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its a pity - love the Koup but the flat spots and throttle response is killing the car for me - going to fit a K&N and exhaust system soon, maybe that will help a bit???

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have you guys missed the threads about the do it yourself throttle adjustment to get rid of the dead spot?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Have you guys missed the threads about the do it yourself throttle adjustment to get rid of the dead spot?
i heard people having problems with that.... MOTOR mounts will help it A LOT from feeling like it falls on its face... and its electric throttle... so u need a ecu to adjust that to be perfect... Its ur throttle response dont cheap out with this do it urself technique

1 - 8 of 8 Posts