Kia Forte Forum banner

Is a wheel alignment under warranty?

14K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  ShaksForteSX 
#1 ·
Hey Gang -

My car has an annoying pull to the left...it started recently when they changed my left tire [my fourth tire with a bubble] ...

when I am driving on the highway..if I let go of the wheel it drifts off ot the left then I have to steer to the right to get it back on course...very annoying on a long trip indeed.

It might need an alignment/balanced tire or maybe a tie rod is bent - I need to have it looked at.

Does our warranty cover all that stuff?

#4 · (Edited)
I might just bite the bullet and get new tires as well. These 'good-for-a-year' Goodyear LS tires are just aweful. I can feel them 'flexing' when I take a turn. And they are horrible in the snow. I can see my right one developing that small bubble again. This will be my 5th tire to be replaced within 7,000 miles!
Here is my personal review:
Pros: They roll
Cons: The worst tires for lateral movement [side to side] and ride. They fall apart.

I went to tirerack to read the reviews and they give it a poor rating too. Goodyear should be ashamed of themselves for this fiasco.

#7 ·
Just about as much as an oil change is under warranty. You might get a few free ones but you'll pay for the rest. It must be the actual rotation of the tire thats causing it because the air bubble starts INSIDE the tire and then works it's way around the tire until it reaches the surface and Shreds. If you get new tires and it continues then its not the tire, its yours car. This has happened to me before but in an older car. Just my 2¢

#8 ·
I say find a good tire shop in your area that does alignments and get booth there. The dealer will not "warranty" an alignment as hitting a pot hole or speed bump hard can throw it off.

If you want a couple suggestions for good tires I say Toyo Proxies 4 or Falken ZIEX ZE-912. I have had both tires and I was really happy with them. I prefer the Toyo but they are more expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.