Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I was l looking into..
I saw a video of a GT with air on YT, but from what I've read on here, Something with the suspension on the GT is different from the other models (don't quote me on that)
Is it possible? Is it safe? I wasn't able to find any kits that fit the exact model/year and I'm not entirely up to speed with my research on the topic (Nor have the funds to purchase anything yet, don't worry)

Any help or direction? Very appreciated

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,142 Posts
Non-GT versions have a solid axle rear end.

GT versions have an independent rear suspension.

That is also why non-GT versions can't install the dual outlet exhaust from the GT on their cars.

I don't know anything about installing air suspensions - never done it.

Font Rectangle Parallel Schematic Engineering

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That is also why non-GT versions can't install the dual outlet exhaust from the GT on their cars.

View attachment 87166
So I'm assuming this would not be possible on a non-GT model? :(
I really wanted to get air to still be able to get over speedbumps and driveways when needed, If I can't do anything, that basically ruins my plans for my car 😥

Edit: Is lowering in general still possible? (Coilovers, etc)

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,142 Posts
I think you can do this to your LXS...you just need to insure what you buy is for the LXS and NOT the GT models. Often times manufacturers don't list the Forte when you look for parts. Just remember to look for parts that fit a 2019 Hyundai Elantra with 2.0 engine!

Reactions: ZTLXS19

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

View attachment 87166
I think you can do this to your LXS...you just need to insure what you buy is for the LXS and NOT the GT models. Often times manufacturers don't list the Forte when you look for parts. Just remember to look for parts that fit a 2019 Hyundai Elantra with 2.0 engine!
Okay, I'll look more into it..
So anything that will fit the non-turbo Veloster models SHOULD (In theory) Fit a '19 LXS?
Thank you for the help

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
No, not the Veloster. Elantra base (not the sport) from 17-19.
You can still lower it. They make lowering springs and coilovers for the 2.0.

Reactions: ForteGT2

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
705 Posts
Anything that fits either the third gen (BD chassis) Kia Forte with the 2.0 or the 17-19 Hyundai Elantra base with the 2.0 (AD chassis) will fit. They are basically the same car suspension wise

1 - 9 of 9 Posts