Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 2020 forte Fe which doesn't have the folding rear seat. Does anyone know if its possible to convert it or how to remove it temporarily?

·
Super Moderator
410 Posts
Is there a model of 2020 Forte that comes with folding rear seats? If so, then it's probably a direct swap.

If not, it's relatively easy to remove the rear seats. The normal procedure is to pull up the seat bottoms exposing some bolts/screws. Remove them and the whole thing should come out.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am actually surprised, that it does not have folding seats. I really thought they all do.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I am actually surprised, that it does not have folding seats. I really thought they all do.
Thought so too, however, if you go to Kia.com and look under specifications for the Forte even the 2021 FE model doesn't list the folding rear seats. All the other models do.

I don't see why the OP couldn't install folding seats if a wrecked "donor" car can be found...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thought so too, however, if you go to Kia.com and look under specifications for the Forte even the 2021 FE model doesn't list the folding rear seats. All the other models do.

I don't see why the OP couldn't install folding seats if a wrecked "donor" car can be found...
The only reason, how that would not be possible, or rather, no use, is if the FE version does not have the cutout in the sheetmetal behind the seat back towards the trunk.
Santana, for you to check.If that cutout is there, then go look for the donor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts