Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody...like i said before im still not a curent owner of a koup but i THINK i will be in acouple of months...im writing this becuase i have been reading alot of complaints and issues with people who own a koup, i've read of eletrical issues, sunroof issues, rattling noise in the speakers issues, radio issues, paint issues, strange noise coming from somewhere issues, bluetooth issues, seat makes noise issues, A/C issues, heck even window not closing good issues...just wondering is it even worth me paying about 20k (thats the price here in PR) for a car with all these issues?? don't get me wrong i find the car mad beautiful, but i don't know what is all this...are these just minor issues that can be fix easily or what?:confused: well i'll be greatful if there is any help...thank you!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'm almost 3K miles into my koup and I haven't had a single problem and, what I believe to be the majority, that doesn't have problems and think it is completely worth it! I have gotten at least 3 compliments from complete strangers a week and get tons of looks driving on the road. The CAI is a must have IMO, especially if you're getting the 6 speed. On top of the looks it has, Kia offers a great warranty so if anything goes wrong, you're most likely covered for most of the cars life. I would recommend the koup to anyone and am loving every gear shifted :)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Don't forget you are reading a forum dedicate to the car. Your gonna read/see all the complaints but these are still the minority.

I've had my sx sedan for 7 months, almost 8,000 miles and not a single issue.

Unfortunatley not ever car off the line is perfect

Also If I remember correctly you said you are waiting for the 2011 model.

New model year is when they fix alot of the known issues.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea the 2011 will probably have most of the kinks out just cuz you gotta remember this is the first year of the car so it would be extremely difficult for a brand new model to be perfect. But like we both mentioned, most people don't have problems so you have a good chance of not having problems yourself. Good luck!

·
Registered
127 Posts
What you read are complains of people that have identify something wrong with the car. Are these issues a big problem? Not for me, I have the squeek sound in the seats, and sometimes I get the problem with the door not closing due to the window. The rattling noise in the engine I think is normal. For a $20k car, I was expecting more problems. I have 6,300 miles on my Koup and I am still n love with it. The only issue that I have with the A/C is that when you press the Auto Climate control, it goes to fresh air which in Puerto Rico you know is non existant. All the smells from outside goes into the car so I do not use the Auto Climate control feature. If you like the car, go for it, you will not get anything better for that price!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I haven't had any problems so far and I am having a very good time with this car, amazing handle, powerful and good in gas, f....ing beautiful design, by far the best value for the money in the car market. Not to mentions the best car forum and guys here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't had any problems so far and I am having a very good time with this car, amazing handle, powerful and good in gas, f....ing beautiful design, by far the best value for the money in the car market. Not to mentions the best car forum and guys here.

you are right, i have noticed that there is alot of good people here willing to help! ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't forget you are reading a forum dedicate to the car. Your gonna read/see all the complaints but these are still the minority.

I've had my sx sedan for 7 months, almost 8,000 miles and not a single issue.

Unfortunatley not ever car off the line is perfect

Also If I remember correctly you said you are waiting for the 2011 model.

New model year is when they fix alot of the known issues.

I don't remember me saying i was going for the 2011 model, but talking about that, is it gonna be the same box? just a few mods?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ever since I purchased my 2010 Forte Koup Sx in November, 2009......there is been ONE MAJOR issue that I have been battling. I never imagined that this could have, and would have occurred. After all, I did all my research and comparisions! One would think that I had everything covered......but this issue blindsided me.
In fact sometimes it is a HUGE pain in the a$$!!!!!!

And this HUGE ISSUE is.............I keep getting stopped by total strangers asking me about my car, wanting to take a closer look and want to talk 'cars'...... :)
sometimes I just dont have the time...

hahaha....anyways, other than one squeak that sort of resolved itself...I've had absolutely no problems.

Good Luck and post up some pics of your soon to be Forte!

·
Registered
130 Posts
In answer to your question: Is it really worth it?

Yes. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ever since I purchased my 2010 Forte Koup Sx in November, 2009......there is been ONE MAJOR issue that I have been battling. I never imagined that this could have, and would have occurred. After all, I did all my research and comparisions! One would think that I had everything covered......but this issue blindsided me.
In fact sometimes it is a HUGE pain in the a$$!!!!!!

And this HUGE ISSUE is.............I keep getting stopped by total strangers asking me about my car, wanting to take a closer look and want to talk 'cars'...... :)
sometimes I just dont have the time...

hahaha....anyways, other than one squeak that sort of resolved itself...I've had absolutely no problems.

Good Luck and post up some pics of your soon to be Forte!

NICE! LOL! you got me going there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts