·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
easy as that is it a us base car or consider a kdm koreon vehicle

·
Registered
746 Posts
Not yet Crock. West Pointe Georgia is KIAs new plant US. The new Sorento will be built in US. Hyundai may move their Sant FE Suv to be built their.
KDMFTW:)

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Not yet Crock. West Pointe Georgia is KIAs new plant US. The new Sorento will be built in US. Hyundai may move their Sant FE Suv to be built their.
KDMFTW:)
They will be built side to side, and they will be using both US plants (Georgia & Alabama) for all 4 vehicles (Tuscon, Sportage, Santa-Fe, Sortento) (internal source).

·
Registered
211 Posts
As far as I know, there are no plans to build the Forte in the US yet. But, if Kia continues to grow, you bet they'll shift production. It would make it more cost efficient for them, but only if there's a significant demand. I don't know what their production capacity is in Georgia, but even starting a new line in an existing plant is costly. Not to mention that they will most definitely need North American parts manufacturers, unless they ship knock-down kits from Korea.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
My Koup was built overseas. I had to wait for it to land on the west coast and make it's way across Canada on rail and truck. From B.C. to Ontario! Canada has a new Kia plant, but I don't think it's started any mass productions yet.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
All Forte production for the North Americam market is presently in South Korea. KIA has recently opened a factory in China to supply the Chinese market. If, like it was mentioned, the demand is there, then we may see some production move to NA but don't hold your breath.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so point proven these jack ass kids on ctvtec website talking smack and they wont line it up just because i have a kdm sticker woooow there talking but noooo its okay to have a jdm this sticker on a piece of shit bondo civic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts