Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Is there an app I can use that will allow me to lock and unlock my new 2121 Forte with my phone?

I downloaded the UVO app from KIA and I haven't played around with it too much but at first glance I don't think there is a feature in the app that would allow me to lock and unlock the car from my phone?

Does anyone know of an app that would allow this functionality or is it wishful thinking?

TIA,
GT4ME

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we have the eUvo that just does diagnostics i believe. Not the good one that actually does things 🤣
You have to pay for the subscription plan to get the extra features, it looks like there are 4 different levels of the plan and of course the top level that is $20.00 a month is the plan you need to be able to use the remote start/ stop and the remote lock/unlock features.

What I don't know is if my car is even equipped with these features ....

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your car has “uvo link” then it is capable. If not then no. Check the window sticker (if you have it). Thus feature was first introduced in 2020 on only a few models.

Reactions: ForteGT4ME

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your car has “uvo link” then it is capable. If not then no. Check the window sticker (if you have it). Thus feature was first introduced in 2020 on only a few models.
I checked out the windows sticker and it doesnt UVO link but it does say UVO eservices ... is that the same thing?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts