Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I had a Viper 5901 Remote Start installed today on my Forte. Before the Alarm when I hit lock or unlock my two rear brake lights flashed and my four turn signals flashed (Front Turn and Front Mirror signal) now with the alarm locking the car on the back and front lights flash not the mirror.

Also before the alarm when I left the headlights on when I shut the car off the headlights and inside dash lights turned off, now with the alarm only the head lights turn off. I can't seem to get the yellow front lights and dash lights to turn off unless I manually turn it off...

Does anyone else have this Remote Start and Alarm system?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Since you just had it installed it might be best to go back to the installer with those questions. I personally stay away from the alarms thingy's they always let you down at the worst possible times.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
part A: this is normal if your headlights are set to "on". Turn them off and then lock your car and you'll see your tail lights flash again.

Part B: this only happens to me when i have auto start on and the timer runs out, or if i cancel the timer with the remote.

I have a 5901 installed on my Sedan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts