Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove both about two weeks apart.
When I first drove the SX I thought one of the trip functions was the remaining miles to go on what gas was in the tank.
However, I drove the EX the other day and didn't find that function as I scrolled through it's trip comp.
I did find one screen that said "Econo mode on" or something similar.

Anyone know?
Oh yeah, they were both automatics too if that's any difference

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have the SX and it does have the miles to empty. However, up to this point I haven't found it all that necessary. But then again I haven't gone on any long trips. I may change my mind.

The two trip meters are very useful. The MPG function is useful for an estimate of the fuel mileage. I haven't found the ECO all that compelling. I would much have preferred the kind that shows the mpg at a certain point in time. The bar readout merely shows when one is on and off the gas. Not terribly useful in my opinion. The elapsed time is very useful. Average mph would be useful on long trips. I don't know about the coolant temperature, however. All I have are the customary"idiot lights" that provide information in the event anything is amiss.

What I would recommend is that a copy of the sales brochure be obtained and go down feature for feature to see what each has and doesn't have. More importantly for me is that the SX has much crisper handling characteristics although the ride will be rougher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.