Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to warranty out my battery. It was completely dead when I tried to leave work. I headed to the dealer to have the battery tested. Yes a bad battery, yes I got a free one. I’ve had this car for 1.5 years and 19k miles. This was the first battery since I’ve been driving (27 years) since I had an issue with a new battery this quickly.

The dealer was super fast. I didn’t even get out of my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sometimes things go bad...glad you got taken care of and didn't have to use this forum to complain!

Does your car sit for extended periods? Do you drive it less then 5 miles one way per day?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sometimes things go bad...glad you got taken care of and didn't have to use this forum to complain!

Does your car sit for extended periods? Do you drive it less then 5 miles one way per day?
Yeah it was a pleasant experience. My car sits at most 1 day a week. I drive generally 10 miles or more to get anywhere. Usually drive 35-40 miles a day.
It could have been a weak cell and the heat down (SW Fl). here wore it down quickly

·
Registered
465 Posts
When I needed one for our Sedan, I was surprised, that they cost the same as about 10 years ago. They are generally not as long lasting, most batteries today will give out after 4-5 years. And the %age of batteries going out completely after a short lifespan is somewhat higher. Not only my observation...

Reactions: GeneticDroid

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If this battery goes out in a year or two I’m thinking AGM battery next. It’s more expensive but I used them on my motorcycles for extended life and reliability.

·
Registered
2020 Fire Orange Kia Forte GT
46 Posts
Drive a new Nav for work. 7K miles and it was towed from my driveway. Bad battery tech said
I picked up one of the Executives in my GT. It was on a Sunday so no access to a rental.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts