Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Issues with Forte

Hi All,

I bought my second Kia(one for myself and this one for my wife) in three years in December 2010. Since then having lot of issues with the new car(FORTE). I was wondering if anybody else has also faced similar issues:

LIST OF ISSUES:

Issue 1:The driver seat started squeaking from day one. The dealer chang
ed the seat base under warranty.

Issue 2: Whenever my car passes through bumps or small potholes a loud clinging noise comes. To me it looks like my cars rear wheel shockers are screwed up. The dealer tells me that that it will take time to figure out from where exactly the noise is coming. They have already looked at it 4-5 times, lubricated the joints etc couple of times but still no luck

Issue 3: One evening after work I was walking towards my car when i saw a crack on my front windshield emanating from the area under the wipers. And no I was not hit by a pebble/rock. The dealer went to KIA and they are now changing the windshield under warranty.

I don't care till the time things are covered in warranty. But this shouldn't happen to a brand new car.

It has stressed me to a point that I have started thinking of the day I bought this JUNK.

In a nutshell I guess I got a LEMON

Thank you

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hate to admit it as i work as a Tech at a Kia dealership its going to happen. nobody or machine is perfect there are probably always going to be those that slip through the cracks i wouldnt get to upset about it just let the dealership do its job and if it comes down to it yeah you can lemon it we just recently had a soul that kept having the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT come on for a vacum leak but guess what we never found it at all even had the big boys come from Kia come and look at it and they couldnt find anything anyway they lemoned it and she got a new soul and has since put over 11000 miles on it with no problems at all so they do happen but it is VERY RARE

hope this helped some

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
If your first windshield didn't crack, I would be surprised (that's how often it happens). You have now been initiated into the Forte brotherhood. haha

Here is my list of "issues" that I've gone through:

My transmission was replaced @ 3,000 miles. (grinding 2nd gear)
Windshield crack ("a rock hit it")
Rattle noise in the dash (not fixed, don't have time to take it down for this specific issue)
clunking noises coming from the front suspension (did the dust cover boot TSB, helped somewhat)
I do get the squeaky noises on the driver's seat when it gets really really cold

BTW: YOU ARE IN THE WRONG SECTION. moderators will probably fix this, so don't worry.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Issues with Forte

Hi All,

I bought my second Kia(one for myself and this one for my wife) in three years in December 2010. Since then having lot of issues with the new car(FORTE). I was wondering if anybody else has also faced similar issues:

LIST OF ISSUES:

Issue 1:The driver seat started squeaking from day one. The dealer chang
ed the seat base under warranty.

Issue 2: Whenever my car passes through bumps or small potholes a loud clinging noise comes. To me it looks like my cars rear wheel shockers are screwed up. The dealer tells me that that it will take time to figure out from where exactly the noise is coming. They have already looked at it 4-5 times, lubricated the joints etc couple of times but still no luck

Issue 3: One evening after work I was walking towards my car when i saw a crack on my front windshield emanating from the area under the wipers. And no I was not hit by a pebble/rock. The dealer went to KIA and they are now changing the windshield under warranty.

I don't care till the time things are covered in warranty. But this shouldn't happen to a brand new car.

It has stressed me to a point that I have started thinking of the day I bought this JUNK.

In a nutshell I guess I got a LEMON

Thank you
As I understand your post your seat has been repaired and your windshield will be replaced. That leaves the "loud clinging noise." If they have worked on it four or five times they probably didn't put their best mechanic on it or they would have found it by now. I would consider taking it to a different KIA dealership.

After your windshield is replaced and the "clinging" noise is located and fixed you should basically have a defect free car. If you continue to have problems then I think I would be concerned and possibly looking at the lemon resolution.

I purchased my Forte in November and it hasn't been back to the dealership up to this point.

I think speaking to the above post that squeaks in a cold car are probably inevitable to some extent. Annoying but not serious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Having been a warranty administrator for some very high end brands, I can tell you that NO car brand is free of issues. There was a time when replacing entire motors in cars that people spent $120k on was fairly common at my job. This isn't the norm, of course.....but it just illustrates the point that no OEM is perfect - no machine is perfect. Most have few issues and motor right along, but some just get unlucky and have problems. It's really all about how those issues are dealt with....that's why it's important to find a good service dept.

·
Registered
204 Posts
It's really all about how those issues are dealt with....that's why it's important to find a good service dept.
That's the real trick.

I have the 5 spd. auto, 2nd to 3rd shift problem that no one seems to be able to fix. The dealers closest to me are no good. The possibly good dealers are an hour away. It curbs my enthusiasm.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes, that can be very frustrating. I have two KIA dealerships near me - one 2 miles from my house, and one .5 miles from my work. If one winds up sucking, at least I have another option.

Some of our customers drive 3 hours one way to come here for service.....and when they have to come back for a repeat issue, they aren't happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts