Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a New SX 4 months ago and car has been in shop every week for last 3 months. Car had a rattle in the roof area and Kia Shop tried to say it was everything but what it was. They finally replaced the sunroof slide cover but this did not solve the problem. Then they indicated they needed to replace the entire headliner. This ended up causing numerous issues.
1. They could not figure how to get the headliner out of the car.
2. They then indicated that they needed to remove the windshield to get the headliner out.
3. When I pick up the car the dash is all gouged up from taking the windshield out. Windshield is chipped on edges.
4. Take car back to get dash replaced, and they chip up new dash, scratch radio face put wrong A/C vents in, and heat now does not work right.
5. Take back to have vents replaced and radio replaced. New radio does do not match. Still cant get heat to work right. (when you put on FLOOR you get air out of defost and left and right vents.
6. This is getting crazy. They have messed up more than they can fix.
7. At least the rattle is gone.
8. They are nice but seem incable of doing a good job.

SOME DAYS THEY HAD CAR AND NEVER DID ANY THING TO IT.

TecH Line is now telling them and now me that heat normally works this way. I do not go along with this as it woorked properly before, works just like the other setting which is FEET/DEFROST.

Can't get heat off my face!!!!

Any one else having issues with A/C-HEAT?

This is at Sherwood Kia, Salisbury.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
that sucks. if it keeps getting worse, call kia corporate or something.

2,213 Posts
posts like this make me think twice about my car. im so glad nothing has gone wrong with it so far. except that damn bubble in the tire. i have an easy fix for rattles..... raise the volume on the radio! lol sorry bout ya car

·
Registered
536 Posts
Scary for sure and that sucks....I always wondered if you are having a problem with one dealer if you can take it to another..since they are still technically Kia.....

·
Registered
644 Posts
Scary for sure and that sucks....I always wondered if you are having a problem with one dealer if you can take it to another..since they are still technically Kia.....
You can take it to any Kia, not just the one you bought yours at.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i use another dealer for oil changes and etc.. but i go to the one close to me for estimates on painting jobs or parts and such. so i cant see why it'd be a problem to go to a different dealer. just as long as you keep your paperwork

·
Registered
231 Posts
sounds like they have co-op students working as techs in there. haha i'd ask to see some credentials from the mofo's working on your car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't believe you haven't called corporate care..they are great. Call them 800-333-4542

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Yes definitely contact corporate Kia. That's unacceptable what they did to your brand new car. Also, check out the reviews for your dealer, perhaps other customers have had similar problems to you. If so, I would see if you could possibly transfer to another Kia dealer with a good reputation and preferably in your area.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Trade it in for a Civic.

·
Registered
139 Posts
what if you dont like honda? I personally hate Honda the way people hate Apple, the NY Yankees, the GB Packers, etc. and would prefer a Forte to a Civic.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
agreed I could go on all day about that!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts