Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, through calling multiple dealerships looking for a koup SX without a moon roof I came across a discovery.. Apparently, it is impossible to get a koup SX without a sunroof. When I first encountered the car on the Kia website the power moon roof was an option (which it still is) so of course I thought I was able to get the car without a moon roof.

A dealership called me back today and said they had the SX in stock without a moonroof. When I told this information to another dealership they said that after looking in their national database (so they can buy a car from another dealership and sell it to me) that the only way to get to koup SX is one of two ways. With a moon roof or with a moon roof.

They said if I could find a Koup SX without a moon roof to call them back and they would hook me up (doubt they will but I would really like to find out if this is true or not). After browsing the photo galleries it seems like they were right. Does anyone out there have a Koup SX without a moon roof? If these guys are right, I can no longer get this car since my headroom is cut significantly and I'd be forced to either get a Koup EX or a different car entirely. I'm gunna be pretty pissed if I can't get the bigger engine just because they put a moon roof in every fucking car.

TL;DR- If you have a Koup SX without a moon roof post here.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm 6'7 and fit in an SX Koup with moonroof with no problem. The external open moonroofs don't take much from internal headroom at all. Would have to check if a helmet would fit if you get into autocrossing though.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 6'7 and fit in an SX Koup with moonroof with no problem. The external open moonroofs don't take much from internal headroom at all. Would have to check if a helmet would fit if you get into autocrossing though.
I have sat in 2 sx's with moonroofs. My head rubs against the roof.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
His torso is probably longer for his height. I am 6 foot but long legs so lots of clearance in these cars. EX Rulez!!!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Koup SX is not available without sunroof/moonroof. The dealers can't even order them that way as there is no code for sunroof/moonroof delete.

The headroom is tight in a Koup...6'2" and above will have to lay the seat back slightly to get comfy. If your torso is longer than your legs you're out of luck unless you like laying back while you drive...or lean inward so your head is in the opening for the sunroof/moonroof...

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Koup SX is not available without sunroof/moonroof. The dealers can't even order them that way as there is no code for sunroof/moonroof delete.

The headroom is tight in a Koup...6'2" and above will have to lay the seat back slightly to get comfy. If your torso is longer than your legs you're out of luck unless you like laying back while you drive...or lean inward so your head is in the opening for the sunroof/moonroof...
Ugh this sucks to find out. So now I have to decide between a koup ex or a sedan sx

·
Registered
407 Posts
in my SX you can adjust the seat height, I am just under 6' and have tons of headroom! I would have a look at see if you can do that?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
in my SX you can adjust the seat height, I am just under 6' and have tons of headroom! I would have a look at see if you can do that?

I'm 6'2" and have the seat one notch back from where I'd like it to be for comfort...not only is the seat ALL the way down, but I took out the driver seat to see if I could rework the mounts to lower the seat a little more. There is not much you can alter/adjust/remove because of the way the seat brackets are designed. I think this was an oversight on Kia's part. The sedans have plenty more headroom than the Koup!

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Ugh this sucks to find out. So now I have to decide between a koup ex or a sedan sx
Joe - hope it works out for you regardless of you decision, but this is my official vote for the Sedan!! lol. Sedan SX kicks ass. the koups are great as well.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes I know this, with the seat all the way pushed back and down. An with the back tilted in a comfortable position my head touches the ceiling. Although o do like the koup I really wanted a sx so I'll probably go with the sedan. I should start a poll to decide haha. Also the telescopic wheel in the sx would be nice for me since I'm so far back from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Yes I know this, with the seat all the way pushed back and down. An with the back tilted in a comfortable position my head touches the ceiling. Although o do like the koup I really wanted a sx so I'll probably go with the sedan. I should start a poll to decide haha. Also the telescopic wheel in the sx would be nice for me since I'm so far back from the steering wheel.
Except for the number of doors they're so similar you really won't notice...except if you're just a "coupe" sort of guy...LoL. BTW my wife's Sedan SX will kick the CRAP outta my Koup SX off the line and through first gear...and I'm talking embarrassment...LoL! Koup's going to the dealer tomorrow to see why...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Except for the number of doors they're so similar you really won't notice...except if you're just a "coupe" sort of guy...LoL. BTW my wife's Sedan SX will kick the CRAP outta my Koup SX off the line and through first gear...and I'm talking embarrassment...LoL! Koup's going to the dealer tomorrow to see why...
weird gearing in the six speed is poss. why if hers is a/t.
one of the reasons I got the smaller engine with the 5 speed

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the extras of the SX... but a Koup in white sounds oh so sexy..

·
Registered
76 Posts
According to Kia's website you can get an SX without a sunroof, but that also means no leather. if you go here Kia Cars, SUV, Minivans, & Future Vehicles - Kia Motors America
it will price the car for you . If you add leather, sunroof is added, no choice.
So, you don't want sunroof, you get cloth seats. There are also other minor options, cargo net, auto dimming rear view mirror. etc. Still all available according to the website.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts