Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could swear that I ready a thread on this but have been searching and can't find it so I'll ask. Forgive me if this is a repost.

My question is about the 3m clear bra. I was wondering if anyone has it and how do they like it? I was looking at getting the kit for the bumper, partial hood, fenders and mirrors. This will go on a racing red koup and not sure how much it can be seen once on the car. I have not called the dealership yet but was wondering if they do this sort of thing? Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I do not personally have it on my car yet.... But my freind has it on his and it is virutally invisable. At just the right angle you can see the edge of the film on the car. He demo'd its durability by dragging his keys across it. I would highly recomend it if you an afford it. I already have a few chips and wish i had done it earlier.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I want to get it now myself. I have at least one chip on the hood. I ordered a cargo net and tray from the dealer so I guess as soon as they tell me I can come get that stuff I am going to ask them. I read on a clear bra site that for the kit I won't plus install would run about $550. Not sure how close to correct that is but I am kinda to the point that I am getting it regardless of the price. I want to protect my koup for a long time to come. Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
That's why I want to get it now myself. I have at least one chip on the hood. I ordered a cargo net and tray from the dealer so I guess as soon as they tell me I can come get that stuff I am going to ask them. I read on a clear bra site that for the kit I won't plus install would run about $550. Not sure how close to correct that is but I am kinda to the point that I am getting it regardless of the price. I want to protect my koup for a long time to come. Thanks for the reply
I have it and you can sure see where it's taken a rock and protected the paint, I'm very happy with it.

When I bought my sedan, it cost me $600 Can. for the front bumper, hood, fenders, head lights, mirrors and trunk lip protector all in clear vinyl, a pretty good deal I thought.

I would recommend it to anyone buying a brand new car.

I also have a kit for sale that I bought before I got my car, remember it's for the sedan and includes bumper, fenders, hood, head lights and door edge guards and I'm asking $150 plus shipping.
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/kia-forte-sale/61-3m-invisible-mask-kit-sale.html

·
Registered
15 Posts
i did it myself! 600 is pretty damn pricey for plastic, its just labour intensive. dont go to your dealer or you'll pay lots, lots of tint shops also do it nowadays

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
i did it myself! 600 is pretty damn pricey for plastic, its just labour intensive. dont go to your dealer or you'll pay lots, lots of tint shops also do it nowadays
I was planning to do it myself, I'd even bought the kit.

While $600 is pricey and mostly labor, when you roll it into the price of the car, financed over 5 years at 1.9%, it just seemed a lot easier!:D

PS, It was a tint shop that did it, just through the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts