Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up. name's John. recently bought a 2011 Kia Forte SX hatch loaded and 6spd manual transmission 2.4L. so recent I don't have pics yet, but I am working on it. overall, a fan of the interior and heated seats. also the blue of the exterior. had to get something, blew the motor in my '09 cobalt and GM told me to take a hike on my bumper to bumper warranty cause of a aftermarket intake system somehow causing bad detonation.... the real cause was a tune lol, but they didn't know that. so from 330whp/365lbft. to at least it runs and is warrantied 156bhp is where I'm at. Appreciate any help on tunes available as a 200hp drop is making me itch for mods lol. No bolt-ons until I can find a tune or tuning shop. Probably attack the cosmetic and audio part of the car first.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh, that's even better lol... the dude said 156.. he probably didn't know. he was trying to impress me by telling me to jam on the gas... I guess he didn't realize my cobalt was turbo... it's a smooth ride though, don't get me wrong. I like the car, but once you have a certain amount of power.. you miss it... I won't miss filling up on premium all the time though. and thanks for the welcome lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Post pics of the ride when you get the chance. I like the hatches and haven't seen any on the roads yet.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! and since u from jersey...try to come to the Tri-state meet in edgewater, NJ on April 30th. !!

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the Forte community!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the welcomes. Yes I have noticed the tranny sticking. it kind of sucks but once it warms up it seems fine. hopefully warm weather will find it's way here soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts