Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this in my many google searches for performance parts. The website says it's supposed to "optimize ignition advance and maps for performance"... Any thoughts?

JET Performance 67032 JET V-Force Plus

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,891 Posts
Before anyone starts the "Chip" arguement...this item is a RISC computer -- not a Chip!!! I used Jet performance PROMS in the past (Proms were removable RISCs that GM used in their 80's computers) and they worked on the dragstrip. I have not had experience with this module but did use some of their modules on Cobalts recently -- got .3 in the 1/8th mile with one of their stage 2 modules on a Cobalt SS 2.4. Jet performance has been around since the 80's. One of their biggest problems is they originally were known as Jet Chips -- but the "Chips" sold on e-bay nowadays makes everyone think "Jet Chips" is a joke.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry. I called it a chip because I didn't know what else to call it. I know it's not the same as the stupid resistor chips. I just want to know if it is actually going to give me noticeable gains or am I just gonna have another set of dials to look at?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,891 Posts
I am wary of that product...the modules I used plugged directly into the car's computer to recieve and send information to the sensors, injectors, and ignition module. I understand this module only plugs into the OBD II port -- and I find it hard to believe that it can control anything through the OBD II port. But it can give you all those gauged info specs...LoL

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright. Thanks man!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I am wary of that product...the modules I used plugged directly into the car's computer to recieve and send information to the sensors, injectors, and ignition module. I understand this module only plugs into the OBD II port -- and I find it hard to believe that it can control anything through the OBD II port. But it can give you all those gauged info specs...LoL

you shouldn't find it hard to believe 90% of cars that can have direct ecm tuning use the OBDII port to flash/ reprogram the car that being said if you want better performance i'd look at getting a real tune (like form TK's) if your worried about warranty see if you can get a new ecm from someplace and have that one tuned and just swap ecms

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
you shouldn't find it hard to believe 90% of cars that can have direct ecm tuning use the OBDII port to flash/ reprogram the car that being said if you want better performance i'd look at getting a real tune (like form TK's) if your worried about warranty see if you can get a new ecm from someplace and have that one tuned and just swap ecms
Flashing/Reprograming is one thing -- but this product doesn't state it flashes or reprograms...it just says it allows you to change performance -- how does it allow you to change anything?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Flashing/Reprograming is one thing -- but this product doesn't state it flashes or reprograms...it just says it allows you to change performance -- how does it allow you to change anything?
what i'm saying is if it's plugged into the OBD2 it has the ability to give/ send information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts