Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am into the whole Projector retro thing and i'm usually over at HIDplanet all the time. any ways, i was on Lightwerkz's website and stumbled upon this article about a dude named josh who got his headlights retroffited with a MH1 and a Gatling Gun 2.0 shroud. i think it looks cool. (all except the shroud painting, could've looked much better if it wasn't 2-tone. also, the CCFL needed to be behind the shroud to light up those vents)

Link to the article: Linky Here

A picture or 2 of it:

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I ran across that yesterday and was like woaaaah!!!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Yeah, the two-tone isn't very appealing, but might look good on the car. Wish they had those pics.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks cartoonish in my opinion. (BTW, arine, found a set of headlights for UNDER $100)

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
PM coming!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
God dayyyummm. Those look naaace. I like em. :) I wish I could have the balls and knowledge to do that...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Why would he paint all the reflectors black? So much for using the highbeams (I know MH1's are bi-xenon, but still). Pretty sure that's illegal to have the sidemarkers painted black as well. Not a fan of the painted gatling shroud either. Clean retro none the less though!

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why would he paint all the reflectors black? So much for using the highbeams (I know MH1's are bi-xenon, but still). Pretty sure that's illegal to have the sidemarkers painted black as well. Not a fan of the painted gatling shroud either. Clean retro none the less though!
You still use your highs? I'm going with a quad retro, but if i wasn't i would've still not used my stock-highs

ever seen my reflectors?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
noodile, have looked into how the projector on the lows, knows when to activate the solenoid?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup, all you do is tap it (solenoid wires) into the highs.

*** doesn;t work in canada

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
the article sounds like it is more of a show car than a DD

·
Registered
825 Posts
looks cartoonish in my opinion. (BTW, arine, found a set of headlights for UNDER $100)

Hey Noodile where did Arinesmith find the headlights. I want to learn how to bake them and install the UFO led lights but I can't afford to mess up my current headlights. :( It's my daily driver. The process seems easy enough

·
Registered
84 Posts
want help installing them? we can paint your headlight while we're at it

+1 on wanting these....and a quad projector setup....and painted headlights. LoL.

I'd be happy to make a trip out to State College too! LMAO

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Noodile where did Arinesmith find the headlights. I want to learn how to bake them and install the UFO led lights but I can't afford to mess up my current headlights. :( It's my daily driver. The process seems easy enough
I'm the one that found them, they're in egypt. and not online. but if you want, you can get a single headlight for 80-150 on ebay

·
Registered
122 Posts
Damn.. finally others are catching on.. Ive had my setup for 7 months or so now.. and PS noodile, you cant throw the CCFLs behind to light up the vents because you will have bleed from the front since those shrouds have a 1-2mm gap between the shroud and the projector (blows cause it was one of my original ideas) .. but I love how my reflector bowls are painted black and the stripes (http://www.forteforums.com/forums/k...nics/3864-projector-retrofit-3.html#post56474)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts