Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Tim hortons: parking lot security for $5.34 a day!

I don't know if they all do it but here in Calgary the cops get a free coffe and donuts at timmies all day everyday.
I never got a picture cause it was before I had a camera phone, but I once saw 7 cop cars at one timmies all at once!

·
Registered
284 Posts
wow free cofee?

in ontario im pretty sure cops have to pay, however im sure some store clerks (managers) and possibly some 'mom n pop' shops (private cofee shops, pizza stores, etc) hand out free cofee and food to cops or atleast give them a discount.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
lol. i think that would be the only i time i want a cop around my car.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
^^ What does that mean? Cops aren't allowed to take a break for a moment, eat and have coffee like other people because we pay taxes? They pay taxes too...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
wow free cofee?

in ontario im pretty sure cops have to pay, however im sure some store clerks (managers) and possibly some 'mom n pop' shops (private cofee shops, pizza stores, etc) hand out free cofee and food to cops or atleast give them a discount.
Actually it is up to the Franchisee but from what I know Corporate stores will give police free coffee in Ontario...Have a friend who owns a Timmies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i was younger working at mcdonalds, i always gave cops their coffee for free and a sandwich or something. and if they were odrering multiple things id give it to them half off. i was never told to do so or anything like that but was also never told not to. I figured they have it harder than most people realize so why not give them a little something extra. This is also coming from a guy whos been pulled over probably 15 times with no tickets though either so that could have something to do with my good nature. and plus.. what did i care, it wasn't my money and mcdonalds could afford it

·
Registered
231 Posts
^^ What does that mean? Cops aren't allowed to take a break for a moment, eat and have coffee like other people because we pay taxes? They pay taxes too...

no they can't, there are 2 cruisers and an SUV there, so i'll put it at least 4 cops are being paid to eat donuts and drink coffee. thats fine if they want to take a break and have some food and a drink, but they all don't have to do it at the same time.

what if everyone at the tim hortons decided they were all gonig on break at the same time. what are they gonna close all the doors and lock it up while they do it. NO

there's probably a shit load of speeding going on the highway while these oinkers are getting lubed up at timmy's

·
Registered
8 Posts
no they can't, there are 2 cruisers and an SUV there, so i'll put it at least 4 cops are being paid to eat donuts and drink coffee. thats fine if they want to take a break and have some food and a drink, but they all don't have to do it at the same time.

what if everyone at the tim hortons decided they were all gonig on break at the same time. what are they gonna close all the doors and lock it up while they do it. NO

there's probably a shit load of speeding going on the highway while these oinkers are getting lubed up at timmy's
Those 3 cars there are probably 10% of the actual department that may be out. 10% of the company on break at a time doesn't sound bad to me

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is a serious proffession, and I doubt that they would stop by for a coffee if the're needed else where.
also, ussually they go to a coffee shop close to the station, so possibly they're just taking a break.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
actuall in the commuity the picture was taken id bet "dollars to donuts" sry couldnt resist, that those cruisers represent about %50 of that areas forces :) I dont mind them all being there at once...keeps them off the street to follow me around

·
Registered
12 Posts
Comon guys cops arent that bad youve got your dick cops that everybody hates "other cops probly hate them to" but ive just been bored and pulled up beside a cop radarin and just tlked to them for a while. Dont just hate on them next time you run into a local cop start a conversation, be friendly. Im 20 never been charged with any ticket have tks exhaust and intake never been pulled over for it and thats mostly because im friendly with the local cops.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Ya gotta remember that half the time cops are on duty, it's down time. I know that most mornings here around like 5 or 6am, there's like 5-7 cop cars at a local diner. It's just a lot of doing nothing and why not hang out and eat lol it's tough to swallow when u see how much they make here tho (most over 100K/yr). Plus I would much rather them stuff there faces with doughnuts then be hiding in a bush catching me speeding lol

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Ya gotta remember that half the time cops are on duty, it's down time.
You're right. Some days are so busy with calls and paperwork they don't get a chance to eat or grab some coffee, so when they can they do. In some departments/agencies/bureaus Officers have their own patrol vehicles and they'll all stop and grab something to eat together before their shift starts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.