Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if it was practical to cut the rear diffuser on the driver side, and run another pipe and muffler to it. i'd assume there would be some splitting involved to run one pipe to the left and right side of the koup. i have the magnaflow 12865 and was just thinking today how cool (or not cool) it might be to have 2 of these on my koup. any thoughts on this idea?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
i was wondering if it was practical to cut the rear diffuser on the driver side, and run another pipe and muffler to it. i'd assume there would be some splitting involved to run one pipe to the left and right side of the koup. i have the magnaflow 12865 and was just thinking today how cool (or not cool) it might be to have 2 of these on my koup. any thoughts on this idea?
There's not enough room for 2 mufflers. You could do a Camaro style muffler (single in and dual out and run pipe to the left side.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean other than looks it isn't going to do anything for you. And I mean why cut your bumper just to add another tip. I could see doing it if you bought a fancy performance exhaust, but just to and another muffler/tip is kinda tacky IMHO.

whats a good dual outlet performance exhaust in your opinion? without a ridiculous price tag of course

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think you would have a loss in performance. because of exhaust pressure. im not 100% sure about that. hopefully someone will understand that better.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This has been done already. Please look for picks of Nordic Wagons Koup SX. It is a single in dual out muffler. Custom fabricated in less than 3 hours I believe.

Link to pics: http://www.forteforums.com/forums/34564-post16.html

The Titantium SX in case you can't tell. LOL

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
It looks cheesy without a full dual exhaust kit since on days where you can see the exhaust most of it will come from the side closest to the muffler. My brother's G6 has a setup like that and you can tell easily on the cold days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can run the single in dual out with even exhaust you just have to be sure the pipes are the same length. I had a similar setup on my saturn (sorry no pics) and it worked really well. As far as performance you have to be careful about the diameter of the pipe. You can go too big and lose too much backpressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.