Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just added a Pioneer 4 Channel Amp to my Kia Forte Sedan, man what a difference it has made, so much power in reserve and much cleaner and powerful sound. I originally replaced the 4 Speakers but this wasn't a big enough improvement over the standard speakers.
I took the side kick boards off in the front, the ones close to accelerator pedal, in the back I took the Panel off that fits over the front seat belts. I then cut and spliced the speaker wires to connect to Amp. Bass now set at -7, treble +4, mids 0 and Volume 10-12
All in all I'm one happy fellow:D

·
Registered
587 Posts
It's good to be a happy fellow :)
I too have replaced all my stock speakers with a JBL kit plus an alpine amp n a Boston 10' sub...what a difference!
However I find that I am changing my settings everytime I switch from FM to SAT to CD to AUX. Suppose that is too be expected, as well as when I switch the genre of music.

As rpps states.........I am too a happy fellow :)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I gave to admit that these days FM stations are all over the map in terms of eq'ing here in toronto. Even satellite stations too. I'm glad the head unit retains volume settings as you switch around but I wish it stores eq settings as well.

One thing that will definitely help unify the sound coming from every source is deadening the doors.

All the errant frequencies that cause different parts if the car and door to hum, and cause different frequencies to "run away," will get reduced so that the sound coming out of the speakers and the sound you hear are the same.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Although Im pretty happy with my sound since adding a 4 channel Pioneer Amp, I still feel the rear speakers are a little muffled and unclear compaired to the front.
I am using speaker line in and not RCA's, I was wondering if I could take the line in from the front speakers and split them for the signal to the back speakers (Via Amp) and then use the gain controls on the Amp to adjust the fade between front and back. In fact bypassing the Head-Units fader control :confused:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you running all 4 wire sets into the amp? If so, fader control on the HU would work.
Yes I'm presently running all all 4 wire sets into the Amp. The more I listen the more I'm inclined to leave things as they are, it sounds pretty good with the Amp and Dynamat on the doors doors.
Sometimes I find the Bass a bit over-blown and especially since adding Pioneer power-amp. I have the Bass control set to - 7 and treble +4 but with the Kia Head Unit all these tone controls only change the sound slightly
I'm all listened out and I think I need a break from it all, I even thought today that the left front speakers sound much louder than the right speakers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Where could I find a write up for an amp and sub including a parts list. I know this is a vague question but i was given a sony xm-2002gtr amp and need to find a sub to work with it as well as the wiring and what i need and how to do it. If someone did this i would forever be in debt to you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Although Im pretty happy with my sound since adding a 4 channel Pioneer Amp, I still feel the rear speakers are a little muffled and unclear compaired to the front.
I am using speaker line in and not RCA's, I was wondering if I could take the line in from the front speakers and split them for the signal to the back speakers (Via Amp) and then use the gain controls on the Amp to adjust the fade between front and back. In fact bypassing the Head-Units fader control :confused:
Hi iam the proud owner of the Forte Sedan SX model and i was just wondering does the factory radio have RCA outputs? i was thinking about adding an AMP and a small bass box. let me know thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
radio

Hi iam the proud owner of the Forte Sedan SX model and i was just wondering does the factory radio have RCA outputs? i was thinking about adding an AMP and a small bass box. let me know thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gave to admit that these days FM stations are all over the map in terms of eq'ing here in toronto. Even satellite stations too. I'm glad the head unit retains volume settings as you switch around but I wish it stores eq settings as well.

One thing that will definitely help unify the sound coming from every source is deadening the doors.

All the errant frequencies that cause different parts if the car and door to hum, and cause different frequencies to "run away," will get reduced so that the sound coming out of the speakers and the sound you hear are the same.

·
Registered
39 Posts
No all you need is a good line out converter. You might need a ground loop isolator if your ground isn't good enough though. I have noise in my speakers and can't figure it out. I might have to run a ground all the way to the battery.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Briging that to life !

I have an Alpine MRP-F250 with a speaker level input... I'd like tu plug that on the stock Radio from my LX... I am better to use the level input, or I should get a LOC ?

For reference...
Alpine MRP-F250 4-channel car amplifier 40 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

Will i really see a good difference ? 'Cause i like the sound i get, but at 3 /4 of the volume, it begins to distorts a bit...

Thanks for the answers !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts