1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
576 Posts
Made my own l and it looks better than what I see in that photo. I don't know what performance figures mine achieves but I certainly find it improves the cars response plus it only cost me $90:)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Made my own l and it looks better than what I see in that photo. I don't know what performance figures mine achieves but I certainly find it improves the cars response plus it only cost me $90:)
You got that right! You probably could draw a better "bogus" dyno sheet than that too!:D That guy posted that cai on here months ago trying to sell them- he makes them himself.:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey jeff613 could you explain what you need to make the cai yours looks better then any i seen even the turbo kits.. and its better because it doesnt go down as far to suck in water.

·
Registered
48 Posts
u should remove the stock air box..

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
the stock airbox has an ecu bracket on there so if your going to take it off, youre going to have to make a bracket so ya...

·
Registered
526 Posts
hey jeff613 could you explain what you need to make the cai yours looks better then any i seen even the turbo kits.. and its better because it doesnt go down as far to suck in water.
You must be talking about rpps. He made his own and did a very good job too! I have the TK cai.

·
Registered
318 Posts
pleased to know what exactly you got to do it. been thinking about bending my own pipe to make my own

·
Registered
576 Posts
If you go to a good Autoshop or warehouse you can buy a 90 degrees S/S pipe about 3-3 1/2" (76mm), they also have many different rubber sleeves of different sizes to mount it onto your car intake. You can also buy there a K&N pod filter to fit.
For the piece that the air breather fits onto you can get them from a specialized hose fitting shop. Just take the pipe into them and tell them what you want to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts