Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2011 Titanium Koup SX
-Leather Pkg
-Technology Pkg
-Automatic

I was driving an '08 Spec5 SX.

I'm in TX and hope to find some great info on here.

I already ordered some "K" Emblems, and I have the 2011 Koup Spoiler coming in as well.

Tint will be done this week, along with a small subwoofer (or two) possibly, and smoking out the tail lights (not too dark).

A few questions already...
-Any good places to find aftermarket Forte Koup stuff?
-Will most of the Forte (Sedan) aftermarket parts fit the Koup?
-Will the 2010 Koup parts fit the 2011 Koup?

thx in advance.

oh, and here are some pics after the first wash (today).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
Welcome!

The sedan and Koup are quit different. However, the front bumpers and headlights are interchangeable. Most everything on the rear ends are different.

The '10 and '11 Koups are very similar. Exterior body parts are all the same except for the side mirrors. Headlights, same but the taillights on the '10 are not LED. Your interior will be different because you have the screen in the dash. All in all mostly identical.

You've got a great looking car and some excellent mods already lined up. Please post pics of your spoiler; I'm still trying to decide which one I want :)

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Really nice ride TSForte, welcome aboard!
Please give us some feedback/appreciation on start button and paddle shift!
Is US market to have chrome door handle in 2011 or is it part of a pkg???
Kia just don't get it...... CHROME HANDLES LOOK AWKWARD!!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Hope you find all the answers to your questions.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really nice ride TSForte, welcome aboard!
Please give us some feedback/appreciation on start button and paddle shift!
Is US market to have chrome door handle in 2011 or is it part of a pkg???
Kia just don't get it...... CHROME HANDLES LOOK AWKWARD!!!

The push-start is awesome. i didnt know what to think of it at first (this is my first car with that feature), but i do like the fact i dont have to take my keys out and put them back in my pocket every time i get in/out of the car.

Paddle shifting- its different (again, first time i've had a car with this feature). i have not been able to really test it out well enough yet, mostly city driving so far, not much highway. i feel like for straight(er) driving it works well as you accelerate, but if you are trying to paddle-shift and you are leaving your neighborhood lets say, it is difficult to get your fingers back to the paddle shifters to make the shift before revving higher than you may want. i almost wish i just had the 'manual' shift down on the stick (when you slide it over from D to + _ -) than the paddle shifters. but hey, kia's trying something new.

as far as the chrome handles, i did not WANT them, but the car came with chrome handles via the Technology package being added on. i dont think they look BAD, but i do think it would look better with color-matching handles, or black handles.

Update: I got two 10'' Kicker Comp woofers put in today with a ProBox, and i got my tail lights tinted. Tint for the car will be on Wednesday, along with the SX spoiler being put on. i'll post pics tomorrow or wed, probably create a thread in the correct place.

thanks for the welcomes all, and for the compliments.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts