Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just worried that it will void my warranty. It say's to connect the chip to the IAT Intake Air Temp Sensor, also called the AIT or MAT Sensor. I bought the item form RPM Performance.

·
Registered
973 Posts
definitely ask the people at the dealership if it will void your warranty in case something does go wrong, they have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the issue, but they could easily do that with something like this
it probably will void the powertrain warranty for sure, but I'm sure you'll have the other warranties in place like tires electronics and all that

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yeah I agree, makes your car run like a pig.

BEWARE!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Stay away from ebay chips...gimmicks!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Always remember if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. Those plug n play ebay chips that claim 15 to 25hp gains do not work at all. If it was that simple to see such gains you wouldn't see people bothering with the I/H/E setups on their cars.

Hate to say it but toss the chip in the trash man. Not worth risking the damage to your car or voiding the warranty for such a thing. You fell for a gimmick. No worries we all have fallen for something that was false in our life times i am sure. Stay away from the chip man, don't install it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
+1 OP....You bought a resistor in a box. Or sometimes they just send you the resistor...LOL! Its CRAP! Just put it under your tire and run it over.

·
Registered
973 Posts
better yet, try to return it for at least part of your money. If you have to, say it was going to be a bday gift and the person you were giving it to already bought one...

·
Registered
119 Posts
If up to 100HP and maximum fuel savings were possible for so little money, wouldn't everyone be buying them? You got con'd just like the other guy on the site that the dealer talked into buying a turbonator.
LOL the Turbonator. I forgot about that thing.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Yeah most of those gimmicks state "money back guaranteed". Now's the time to test them on it. Those chips are just a resistance mod that fools the air intake sensor into believing that there is a lot of cold air coming into the intake so the ECU adjusts to send more fuel but since you don't really have that actually occurring you start running extra fuel less air mixture (pig rich on fuel) and end up running rougher and waste fuel.

Get a CAI if you want some gain.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I've been had for thrity bucks... Oh well. suckers in the trash. Last time I buy crap off Ebay. Just put in my red LED interior lights though, so all in all a good day. wish the damn economy would turn around already so i can really play with my Koup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yo i got that chip 2 , i asked about it and the dealer told me if i do any modification with the engine i lose my warranty, So in other case warranty is only in ur car hood.(engine etc..)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts