Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black Ex koup just got hit in the back I was so mad but thank god that nothing happen. Small scratches what would you guys recommend to use to buff out?

·
Banned
75 Posts
sorry to hear about that, I too have a black koup (sx)... if they are small scratches, try using a quality sealant or wax, should help if they are not too deep.

·
Banned
75 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
use the persons face that hit you to buff it out, haha jk, sorry about the bad news man, they were too busy admiring your car

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
light rubbing compound? worked couple of medium scratches and paint transfers before, feel free to correct me on that, but if you do go that way, go easy, just because it has small abrasives that if you rub it to hard might hurt your paint

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was about to use his face but his kids where in his car with him so I just took his info and let it go the guy was so scared he didn't know what to do.
Not enough damage to het a new number but that was a good idea.

And will try the light compound and will keep you up to date

·
Registered
71 Posts
Props on being big about it and seeing if you can correct any damage easily enough, yourself before just having your body shop talk to his insurance company. I'm sure you're doing him a big favor in doing so, with his deductible and all.

You don't *owe* him anything, but if more people were interested in doing even just a little extra to help out their neighbor, the world would be a better place.

All together now....kumbayaa......

Anyway, bummer you gotta worry with it. It would bother the heck outta me too.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry to hear that....got T-boned last Sat and it was a Total lost.....and by this past Sat I had a new 2011 Forte EX.... Luckly yours isnt to bad although even a tiny scratch breaks my heart!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
sorry to hear about that, I too have a black koup (sx)... if they are small scratches, try using a quality sealant or wax, should help if they are not too deep.
Any products you recommend for a black paint job? I also have a black SX thats due for a wash and wax before the winter storms come!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Get an estimate or two before settling. Maybe even from the dealer. It might have damage hidden underneath the plastic.

If you try to buff it out with a compound and haven't done that before you could make what looks like a small scuff look much worse. My wifes car is black and it is hard to deal with a scratch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts