Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just painted the calipers on all four wheels and was wondering what you guys think.

Also I had a possibly crazy idea of slightly pin striping the accents on the wheel inserts. I have a couple pictures, will post more in a bit. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like the look. I think I will paint my calipers.

I have been toying with the idea of pulling the inserts off the wheels and painting them a different color. Would just have to figure out what would look good.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
search around- we have had a few discussions here about wheel painting and color schemes- there are some photoshopped variations of alsorts of combos.

we've got some good photoshoppers in here :)

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
i think the pinstriping should have a bit of a taper towards the outside of the wheel. give it a bit more of a premium look.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I found these don't know if it will look good Korean Auto Imports
If you go to the manufacturers website Kia - MGP Caliper Covers

and use the coupon code streetfire , you can get $20 off plus their shipping costs are lower.

Exanple, 1 set of covers in red with MGP logo shipped to Canada:
$200 - $20 coupon = $180 + $31.50 shipping via USPS totals $211.50, not bad!;)

or get them from CarID http://www.carid.com/2010-kia-forte-caliper-covers/mgp-91177.html $179 with free UPS shipping in the lower 48.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Why are the MGP covers around $200 and the ones on eBay that rpps posted $50 and cheaper? Will the ones on eBay not fit?
the brembo ones are plastic and glue to your caliper
the mgp ones are metal and clamp onto the caliper

also- the brembo ones are much wider/thicker right behind the wheel-
i dont think they would fit very well esp on the front end.

ps- not only that- but the brembo ones are a blatant copy of real brembos and they dont have any add'l function like brake dust reduction
its like the craze of putting fake exterior car attennas on lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts