Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got the 2010 forte koup ex spice red auto tranny. I dont have any pics of her yet cause the weather here in pa has been shtty all week. i'll get so pics so you guys can check it out. have alot of plans for it 20% tint all the way around exhaust and hopefully find a short ram intake and more little things like red led interior lights i've put these in ever vehicle i've owned, tinted tails or led tails havent decided yet and maybe something with the headlights maybe some sort of a little wing/ spolier. i love doin mods to customize to set me appart from people around town

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Welcome and congrat for the new ride!

SRI will do no good to performance but will put a smile on your face each time you it the throttle!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know just where i live in pa cai wouldnt be worth it. rains alot snows too bunch of junk on the road so i just figured sri for sound lol and looks when i pop the hood ya know

·
Registered
536 Posts
Oooooh Ok...Yea we like that spicy red color here in Buckeye country....But I got the Titanium silver...Red accent interior....two great colors for a car!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i wish i didnt have such a light color interior. I have the "stone" color i consider it more a whiteish tan lol but oh well still looks dank

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm with you on that one...wish the interior was darker but that also makes for hot summer days inside too...I just added seat covers so they wouldn't get too dirty too quick...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well not too worried about them but anyone have any suggestions/ opinions on what i should do with the headlights

·
Registered
536 Posts
The seat covers I got from Wal-Mart fit fine actually...They weren't any better or worse than the ones I found out Autozone or a few other cars shops where I live. To get something nice you would have to go online but I don't like to keep them on too long because they do collect lots of dirt and dust and the padding wears down. I would rather pay 25-30 bucks for cheaper ones and replace them every 6 mos rather than keep them on forever....I have to say the ones I bought (black and silver) go with the interior nicely.

As far as the headlights the cheapest and most recognized option is the LED Audi mod...You'll notice by looking around the site a few people are starting to get into custom projector lights....Much more expensive but so much classier!! Looking into this myself but all my mods will be coming this summer since it's getting way too cold out and no heated garage.....

As far as the SRI that is the easiest way to get a beefier sound from your engine but Matemorh is right, you won't see any HP gains from that....And given you live in Pa with the inclement weather a CAI is risky since you will be dealing with allot of the elements and it's seated so far down into the engine.

Then again this is your car...so it's always what you want to do...and always post pics...no mod is ever exactly the same!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the advice!! i think i'm gonna do hid's the whole custom projectors seems to expensive for me and too expierenced. But about the sri or cai i'm probably gonna go with the sri just because living where i do i do deal with alot of the elements. i know the sri isnt gonna give me much at all hp gains but it will look nice and sound good too.

any ideas where i could get a sri or mod one or something
thanks for all the advice its very appriciated

·
Registered
536 Posts
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this....If you haven't looked, just do a quick search of SRI or CIA and a whole bunch of things will come up and you will see some of the users of this sites ideas!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks. I think im gonna try just puttin a 3in cone filter on the stock exhaust tubing just to see and untill i have the money to buy a CAI. My buddy thinks he might have one from when he had his 350z so were gonna try that. i'll let you guys know how it goes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts