Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost 26K miles on my '13 Koup

Still lovin' it!

Dude, I bought mine new January '10 w/ 12 miles on her, been through 2 trannys and two engines (both under warranty, tranny was a freak incident and engine was just minor defect) and I'm still in love with it! Some of my friends say they'd get rid of it after having had to get a new engine, but I say, hell that's why you should keep it! Lol I missed the hell out of it the 9 days they had it replacing the engine.

2010 Forté SX - 6spd Manual - Spicy Red

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Mine's almost at 114,000 miles. Not driving my Forte right now since I had an operation on my foot and must drive an automatic. I borrowed a friend's Rondo and am using it for 3 weeks. Not a bad car, but it sure is ugly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i have a 2010 koup with 22,000 bought it used with 12,000 about a year an a half ago. previous owner was an old lady. crazy!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
49000 miles on mine. Kia forte 2010 sx 2.4L. No problems so far and not under warranty either

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you two with the '10's with such low mileage is pretty impressive!
@Walpole5 I'm sure you're missing it too!

·
Registered
353 Posts
I will cross 60k this week (bought with 43k 18 months ago). Had some minor stuff replaced under warranty (sunroof switch, weatherstripping, reseal oil pan, steering wheel peeling) but has been a great car. If only it didn't rattle quite so much when cold, lol. Not bad for an early production car (born 12/9/2009).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will cross 60k this week (bought with 43k 18 months ago). Had some minor stuff replaced under warranty (sunroof switch, weatherstripping, reseal oil pan, steering wheel peeling) but has been a great car. If only it didn't rattle quite so much when cold, lol. Not bad for an early production car (born 12/9/2009).

Sounds like you're breaking her in! Glad they took care of that stuff for ya. My production date was 9/15?/09 I believe. I've heard about these peeling steering wheels, what's the deal with that? Too much cleaning?

·
Registered
353 Posts
In my case the PO was a smoker and drummed his fingers on a specific part of the wheel. The finish of the leather wore off and was kind of a matte spot on the top of the wheel.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahh gotcha. There's a really small section on the bottom of mine that has gotten scratched by something in me when I get out but that's obviously me. And the rest of it, I move my hand position around enough to not have worn one spot. But I've probably cleaned my steering wheel once or twice since I've had it so its a mix between disgustingly filthy and perfectly smooth shiny and comfortable lol I just try not to think about it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just crossed 71k on my 2010 ex, only put 2k miles on it since purchase a few months back. Was a previous rental but runs like a top, all previous service done at original selling dealer. Two transmission fluid swaps, 4 tires, and some added tint and chrome are all that was required.

·
Registered
60 Posts
2010 SX sedan....Hahahah...all still babies...just cracked 135,000 miles...Installed new ball joints, Bilstein front struts, sway bar endlinks, spring pads and strut bearings. Believe it or not the only really worn were the struts. What a difference the new Bilsteins make! I also just installed some new Michelin pilot AS3 tires, changed the oil and filter ...I have 4 new rotors and Wagner Thermo-quiet pads sitting on bench ready to get installed. Runs better than the day I got it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My 2010 SX Koup is at around 35k. I bought it in 2012 with 14,600 miles on the odometer, so I've only put give or take 10,200 miles on it per year. The only problems that I've experienced were the sunroof and trunk opening randomly. I've read that when there are other KIA's parked near your own, their remote signals can potentially cause your trunk to crack open. It's not a big deal, just annoying and has only happened twice. The whole sunroof thing was easily fixed by taking the plastic glass holder panel apart with a screwdriver and unplugging the cable that controls the sunroof. Since I don't use the sunroof at all, disabling it wasn't a big deal to me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As some of you might already know, Just had the motor replaced under warranty.

I just reached about 66000 km @ 5 years.
well 1 month short of 1 year.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts