Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a Canadian price (Quebec). I bought it at Albi.

Kia Forte Koup EX (manual, red)

Options:
all season floor mats
tinting
sport pedals
aquapel treatment
Rebate cheque of $100

Price before tax: 19030.00
Price with tax: 21 480.11

Financed for 60 months at 1.9%: 375.55/month

So if you calculate 60x375.55= $ 22533.00

I just went through a lot of confusion with prices over the past few months. I just don't know if this is any good.

Should I swap for 48 month payments at 0%? Is it worth it to pay less per month and pay the 1.9%?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know if i can cancel this contract? They took a $500 security deposit on my credit card.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah you can cancel and get your deposit back, it ain't a done deal till you drive off with it.
Does yours come with sunroof? For my Automatic Koup SX I paid $24,745 with no extra accessories like the all season floor mats, just straight up the car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, no sunroof. I fit very snugly in it if there's a sunroof.

I can't sleep toinght :(

What about the deal with the 60 month 1.9% interest rate vs the 48 months 0%. It adds up to over $1000 difference. If I don't cancel the contract, should I try to switch to the 48 month plan?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
im with the first responder. i say thats a good deal and if its the car you want, id go with it. i bought my forte koup EX and love it no matter how much i spent on it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok from an accounting standpoint here is what I think. Do you like the car?

If you like the car then stick to the contract you have and here is what you do. Keep the 60 month 1.9% because you never know if something will happen and having a cheaper car payment is always helpful at times especially with the state of the world economy these days. Since the difference is only about $40/month between the 60/1.9 and 48/0.0 then just pay the extra each month and you will not end up paying all the interest.

You are not talking about a high interest rate or a large loan so the difference is very minor and not worth loosing sleep over. You did good so start enjoying the car.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
You could try to cancel the deal saying it's too expensive....... you'll be surprise how they can still give you a better deal!!! I know I've done it!
And yes.... 'till you leave with the car you can broke the deal and get your $$ back!
Bonne chance!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Ok from an accounting standpoint here is what I think. Do you like the car?

If you like the car then stick to the contract you have and here is what you do. Keep the 60 month 1.9% because you never know if something will happen and having a cheaper car payment is always helpful at times especially with the state of the world economy these days. Since the difference is only about $40/month between the 60/1.9 and 48/0.0 then just pay the extra each month and you will not end up paying all the interest.

You are not talking about a high interest rate or a large loan so the difference is very minor and not worth loosing sleep over. You did good so start enjoying the car.
Good point.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate all the feedback. I canceled the contract. I just need to reset and re-calculate a few things. I've decided to chill till the 2011's come out. I'm in no rush and just feel more comfortable taking a bit more time before making my decision. Kia Albi was cool about it and they nullified the contract and gave me back my deposit without any hassle whatsoever. So I give them good marks for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts