Registered
1,178 Posts
Nice. Congrats and welcome

Reactions: AThomas

·
Registered
2020 Forte GT
17 Posts
Same color here, but mine is an auto as it seemed to get better mpg and with putting on over 100 miles daily I went that route, plus no manuals were available near me during the quarantine

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
102 Posts
Nice! Manuals are pretty difficult to find. I got lucky to find the exact color and transmission.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On behalf of literally all of Canada:

I hate you.
We only get an Auto GT (7 speed dual clutch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I fear that the 2021 will see the removal of manuals from the option list.

Elantra GT N-Line is available with both transmissions. The Elantra Sport is not. The Forte GT has both but the manual cost more ($578), but you get the majority of the GT2 options. Only other stick is the Veloster R-Spec.

The N-Line cost more and manuals are hard to find. The Veloster cost more, I got mine for $21,312 after rebate. (MSRP $24,635)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same color here, but mine is an auto as it seemed to get better mpg and with putting on over 100 miles daily I went that route, plus no manuals were available near me during the quarantine
I got 39.9 MPG on the way back from Las Vegas where I bought it. I flew to Vegas (45 mins) and drove back (4 hours 20 mins).

There plenty of manuals but more automatics in California. I got the best price between Washington, Oregon, California and Arizona.

A dealer in Arizona has a Fire Orange manual but they add $1400 in stuff I don't need. The tint is understandable as my ex-GF is from Prescott, Az so I know all about the valley (PHX/Tempe). I imagine I could have gotten a good price on it and had most of the add-ons discounted.

But I took the deferred tax route, I saved $2,000 from being rolled into the loan. I'll pay that directly to CA DMV. I got the color I want and the manual. They had two of the same car and three more manuals, Black, Grey and White.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! Manuals are pretty difficult to find. I got lucky to find the exact color and transmission.

According to Car Gurus (and they don't list every dealer) -

337 Automatics
195 Manuals

That's nationally, there out there if you are willing to go get it.

I got my car from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. I live in Los Angeles (SFV). I go where the deal takes me.

·
Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
102 Posts
According to Car Gurus (and they don't list every dealer) -

337 Automatics
195 Manuals

That's nationally, there out there if you are willing to go get it.

I got my car from Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. I live in Los Angeles (SFV). I go where the deal takes me.
I got a manual. I knew you had to be in a California neighborhood because Las Vegas is pretty much my 2nd home, and it doesn't look like that. I'm in San Diego.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done my first modification if you want to call it that. I won't say what it is until some more data is available, but if my suspicions are correct it should result in a sizable gain in power.

I should have some preliminary data tomorrow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got a manual. I knew you had to be in a California neighborhood because Las Vegas is pretty much my 2nd home, and it doesn't look like that. I'm in San Diego.

Actually Palmdale/Lancaster housing tracts look very similar to what you find around LV and Henderson.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I fear that the 2021 will see the removal of manuals from the option list.

Elantra GT N-Line is available with both transmissions. The Elantra Sport is not.
The Elantra Sport absolutely has both manual and automatics since their launch in 2017, not sure why anyone would think otherwise, it's been their main appeal over other manual only competitors...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright put the car on a CAT Scale = 2920 lbs

Autoblog says 2762. That was with roughly 1 gallon of fuel in it, the light was on but only for about 7 miles. I just filled it up 13.269 gallons (14.0) = .731 gallons on the scale.

So typical race weight would be 3 gallons of fuel (6.3 lbs per gallon), my mass (202 lbs) and the car (2920) = 3141 (3140.9) lbs.

The spare is 32.5 lbs (including tools/jack). Some lighter wheels could get me down to 3100 lbs. I could also lose that much in mass myself, we'll see as the economy opens back up. But 3,100 race weight seems like a reasonable goal to reach especially since I can get wheels that are more than 2.125 lighter than stock.

I've scheduled a dyno session and tracks open next week.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Elantra Sport absolutely has both manual and automatics since their launch in 2017, not sure why anyone would think otherwise, it's been their main appeal over other manual only competitors...
2020 are automatic only in the United States. I just checked again to be sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2020 are automatic only in the United States. I just checked again to be sure.
Ah, so for '20 they did make that change, thanks for clarifying! It's just so weird on seeing some cars manual only to those only AT to those that had both but are now dropping manuals... TBF, for '20 with the Forte GT coming out, the Kia is considered the "sportier" version of the 2 so Hyundai had no reason to keep offering manual when the Forte GT is now the sportier pick to cover the market between the 2...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
0-60 can be improved without resorting to power increases, at least not traditionally.

Who tuned your Cruze?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I tuned it by company called BNR, they have software for the Chevy Cruze and Sonic. It was really a great improvement over stock lot more fun to drive But I was always nervous about my warranty. Now I have a car that fast out of the box. I also had to use premium fuel in the Cruze I wonder if there is any advantage using premium in the Forte?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you I Didn't really thinks so, BNR had a separate tune for regular fuel.
The Cruze was hampered by blowing pistons do to LSPI, the tune help eliminate LSPI. As well as using Aimsoil.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts