Kia Forte Forum banner
101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,380 Posts
AThomas, Do you have the metal plates in your lower control arms?

The Tork Motorsports plates Hamster-GT is using?

Curious to know if they help with wheel hop.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
No. Why would I need them? If only one side wheel hops and only on burnouts how are those supposed to solve the problem when that really isn't the problem?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,380 Posts
Just asking if you are using them.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Just asking if you are using them.
I am not using them. If I had known it would cost me $500 to have someone remove the control arms, push out one bushing and push in this one I would have ordered the solution to the problem and just wait.

These bushings might work on other applications better and they work here there is no wheel hop with 3.5-4k rpm clutch dump.

The right side hops only on the burnout. It's not severe but I am taking a risk with that. So it needs to be solved.

If I had ran slicks it would be academic because slicks don't wheel hop. However to run slicks means I would have to run the stick shift class where vehicles are running into the 8's in some cases but FWD cars are running low 10's.

The Forte is no where near that at this time. I am trying to get the car to put the power down more effectively. Mounts and bushings help but the fundimental problem is not solved with those parts.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
This is what I was wondering about:

Never know from the ad...I do notice it says "reduced" not "eliminated"

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I understand, the whole braces and stuff don't solve it though.

Under hard acceleration it doesn't wheel hop. Just on the burnout where the tires are slipping on a damp surface.

But the right side only does that. The answer is right in front of you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I understand, the whole braces and stuff don't solve it though.

Under hard acceleration it doesn't wheel hop. Just on the burnout where the tires are slipping on a damp surface.

But the right side only does that. The answer is right in front of you.
So a LSD?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
It's been a busy last three weeks.

I finally made it to Race Week 2.0!

John I don't currently have access to my Facebook account. If you could repost in the places I usually post that would be great.

So far DA is 4000+ ft. I also haven't run the car hard for nearly two weeks and have run pure pump gas a couple of times.

I just reset the battery. More to come stay tuned....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 · (Edited)
Let's back up three weeks -

Had to personal business to take care of. It was coming so I was somewhat prepared. It cost more than I wanted it to so I had to make a decision in getting prepared for Race Week.

Either make the car fast to make up for bad 60 ft times or make the car quicker by reducing said bad short times.

It came down to either coilovers or umm... I'll talk about that later.

So without anywhere to lay my head, I decided what the heck and go to Race Week. It would cost nearly as much to hang around in and out of hotels. My passport has expired so I have to pick somewhere to go but that has been a hard choice. I'll come back to that when I come back to Southern California.

I am not one to really take pictures. The cat didn't run 13's and it's only run 13 twice in 4000+ ft DA. I have addressed that but I tried to late.

So there two goals here.

1) Win 14.0
2) Run deep into the 12's

You can follow my progress here

I am currently 3rd. I need a 14.00x to move into 2nd place.

Streamed on Bangshift's YouTube channel.

I'll get into Day One more a bit later

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Are there any other Fortes running with you?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 · (Edited)
Are there any other Fortes running with you?
No and I wouldn't expect anybody but me to run this.

Race Week has Index classes down to 14.00 which you need to overcome 3500-4000+ ft DA, so it can't be stock. But a Forte GT is just as competitive as anything else as long as you can run 13.0 or 14.0 which can be done with the stock turbo.

You have to run a DOT tire however, that is why I run drag radials not my street tires.

My car has over 60 drag strip passes on it. You can easily do this event and it fun.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Do you have a link to the bangshift video? I can't find a California video. Or is it Vegas?

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
That is the only pass I got I'm afraid, there was big wreck by one of the fast cars, motor let go and he ran over his own oil and smack the wall.
It is sometimes amazing and perplexing that a car going fast - over 100 MPH - can hit oil and literally turn 90 degrees in a blink of an eye!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 · (Edited)
Thanks for looking for the time stamps. I'm racing the track not others, waiting for the weather to get better. I haven't stayed at a hotel yet or a really good truck stop where they have places to sit.

The plan is to let everything drop on Kansas since rooms are really cheap.

First pass at Tulsa was [email protected], too fast but it's easier to slow the car down than speed it up.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts