Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a K&N Air Filter (Part# 33-2380) for my 2.4L, has anybody ordered one from Canadian Tire in Canada, I'd curious about the cost.

-Paul

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
You can order an AEM drop-in performance air filter through your Kia dealership.
The Kia Canada part no. is 99996 241M01.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
how much is the AEM filter? Did you order one? Better then the k&n?
I ordered one it was about $55 taxes in.

The dryflow AEM filters are technically better than K&N. It flows worse but filters better than the K&N. Both flow better and filter worse than the OEM.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Ouch!

I paid like half that price.. and I'm glad I didn't pay more, 'cuz it's totally useless.

I was expecting a little bit more sound, but it didn't change a thing.
You can't get more sound out of a drop-in because the stock intake is built to baffle everything.

I just put in the AEM dry-flow drop in yesterday and I already noticed that the car has a bit more throttle response. Especially when the car is cruising at 60km/h and it's in 5th. When you mash the gas there will be a slight period where it's about to downshift and the engine isn't able to get the revs up and there's no power. This is especially bad when you're in traffic with the A/C on and the car is heatsoaked. With the AEM the car is actually able to get the RPMs up, so it reduced the time where the car is lacking power and when it completes the downshift bam! it flys.

Even if you don't get anymore HP from the Performance drop-in it does help in drivablity in traffic. At $55 taxes in and considering it's a Kia part (no warranty issues) it's totally worth it, even if you're getting it just so you never have to buy another filter again(huge reason why I got it).

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Does anyone know if the AEM dry-flow will fit the 2.0L engine as well?
The Airbox is the same on both the 2.0 and 2.4. So yes yes it will fit.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Any tips on cleaning this? The AEM website says to use this:

Air Filter Cleaner for AEM Dryflow Air Filters

I do have an old K&N filter recharge kit and I'm wondering if the cleaning solution is the same.
Get a bottle of Castro SuperClean it's the same formulation. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and works. I usually do 2 cycles and you'll see a lot of crap coming out. I clean mine every 3 months or when I change my oil. Bing bam boom done in like 10 minute dry too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.