Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my K&N Drop in (Part #33-2380) today from Amazon.com. Great price break $39.09 compared to $46.00 at Autozone. If anyone is interested in buying one for their sedans but hesitant because of the price I will let you know what I think after installing it.

I am still waiting on the intake from Road/Race so this is the alternative until that time. Luckily for me if I do decide to snag up their intake I can use this K&N on my fiance's sedan so I am not really losing anything.

Amazon.com: K&N 33-2380 Replacement Air Filter: Automotive

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Let us know your opinion of it after you install it.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I had that filter on my Forte until I got my Spectre cone. I did notice a very slight improvement in throttle response. There was no significant change, and most people will not notice at all.

The filter itself is very well built and pretty sturdy. The real improvement is all the money you'll save on filters!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AutoItKing....compared to the K&N, how do you think the Spectre cone fairs??? Any better? You did just leave the stock piping in right???

·
Registered
211 Posts
you should have made your own cai i did and spent 70 for the thing but i have a drop in in my mazda and well no improvements really just that feeling of yes i have a better filter

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
AutoItKing....compared to the K&N, how do you think the Spectre cone fairs??? Any better? You did just leave the stock piping in right???
Yeah, I left the stock piping for now, I have all the parts for a decent SRI, just need to put it together.

The Spectre filter on the intake is the clear winner. Throttle response is noticeably improved, and it sounds gnarly. I don't know if there is any improvement in horse power since it is pulling in warm air from the engine compartment. The SRI will be pulling cooler air, so that will hopefully offer some more horses.
But, the K&N doesn't give the dealer an excuse to refuse your warranty claim.

·
Registered
211 Posts
god the warranty talk lol just do it and get the gains the filter element all depends on whether you want oil based cotton or dry flow all personal choices have fun with your drop in

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the K&N drop in a few days ago....Drove about 120 miles on it so far...It's hard to say but I believe I notice a little better throttle response...A tad better get up and go but nothing major. I still had a very slight hesitation between 1st and 2nd, even after the dealership did the updates but I don't notice this at all now. If that had anything to do with the filter I will take it.

Like one reply mentioned, it's all about knowing I have a better filter which makes me feel better. The stock filter had to be pretty restrictive. Just looking at it you can tell that not much air is getting in there. I really hope the intake from Road Race comes out soon so I can check it out..Until then this will do.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Got the K&N drop in a few days ago....Drove about 120 miles on it so far...It's hard to say but I believe I notice a little better throttle response...A tad better get up and go but nothing major. I still had a very slight hesitation between 1st and 2nd, even after the dealership did the updates but I don't notice this at all now. If that had anything to do with the filter I will take it.

Like one reply mentioned, it's all about knowing I have a better filter which makes me feel better. The stock filter had to be pretty restrictive. Just looking at it you can tell that not much air is getting in there. I really hope the intake from Road Race comes out soon so I can check it out..Until then this will do.
what updates were done? i just got a 2010 forte ex 4sp AT and thinking of getting the same K&N filter

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had the K&N drop in for some time now. The sucking noise coming from the intake is very noticeable from outside the car but the most noticeable thing for me is the savings on fuel. The filter has already paid for itself more than twice!

I used to get 380-390km on a full tank with stock filter now I get 410-420km with the K&N.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts