Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup EX
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the Typhoon a couple of days ago, should be getting here in a week or less! I'll be super cleaning my car inside and out before installing, but can't wait to show you guys! This will be my first "mod", so I'm really pumped. I decided to go with the Typhoon because I preferred to have the stock air scoop still functioning, and I'm okay with it sounding cooler than actually providing 7 Hp or whatever. That being said, I'm still interested in performance aspects. Is it unreasonable of me to expect better performance and a smoother ride if I replace my springs/ shock absorbers? I don't want to sacrifice too much speed for comfort, as the last vehicle I had was too comfortable. I'm ready to feel the speed. I don't want to have my bones rattled every time I hit a spacer on the highway though, which is happening at the moment. I'm entertaining the thought of making the car live forever, so I plan on and I'm open to replacing everything. I've gone through Carid, K5optima and poked around here in the forums, so I've gotten some cool ideas on what to do next. As always, feel free to drop a recommendation or anything you've learned. Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, Wagner-Tuning Intercooler, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S1 Intake
6,546 Posts
Other than replacing springs, shocks, and sway bars I know nothing about suspension upgrades...:)

Heads-up on your K&N Typhoon CAI: If you've never put one on a late 4-banger, you're going to find that it makes a "GRRRR" sound. It will not make the "WHAAAAAAA" sound typical of open-filtered-intakes...LOL!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Forte SX Koup 6 Speed Manual 2.4L
5 Posts
I just installed the K&N CAI myself!, and could not be more pleased! I love the sound. It was pretty straight forward the install, but did take a solid 2 hours.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Reactions: ForteGT2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts