Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car was in the dealership for an oil change and to replace a burnt out map light bulb - this is what I get back (only noticed this weekend)...!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
356 Posts
Take it back and tell them to clean it up. I used to work at a dealership and if any of the techs left a smug the whole car would be detailed

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Dont even touch that with anything!..
I'm really sorry that some tech did not wash his dirty little effing hands before working on your car :(

I'd go back too the dealership and insist they replace your headliner, because honestly even if you steam clean the area the oil and dirt is always going to make a stain there.

its just Bull *hit they did this

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke to a service advisor and the service manager and they said to book the car in for an appointment and they will shampoo and clean it.

I would have gone with that but seeing Rainyraven's comments now I'm not so sure...

Regardless it sucks that I have to waste my time with this, the dealer is across town so it's a good hour return trip for me.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I spent three years detailing for dealerships, and if there's any one thing I learned to be universal to all makes and models it is that you can't shampoo the headliner. It will get the stain out, sure, but all headliners are just fabric wrapped and glued to a cardboard backing in the shape of the roof. The heat from the shampooer dissolves the glue and the pressure pretty much turns the cardboard to mush. If they can't clean it with something like XtraDuty or Simple Green then they should replace it for you. Even if they can clean it, they will probably end up tearing the crap out of the fabric anyways.

Deuce

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
^^^^^completely agree with this....or do as I did and tint your head liner dark.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.