Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband and I recently purchased a 2019 Kia Forte LXS in August 2019. After a month of having the car, my husbands key fob will not pop the trunk. It will unlock the doors and set the panic alarm off, but the trunk is a no-go. My key works just fine. Any reason why his key would just stop being able to pop the trunk? Anyway we can fix this?

·
Registered
533 Posts
At 2019!? Is there any reason why you wouldn't just take it in to the dealer and utilize the full warranty that you still have??

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
Question: this is just a fob, not a smart key, correct?

My only guess is that dirt has gotten inside the fob and is preventing that button from working. Or possibly the micro-switch itself inside the fob has gone bad. open up the fob and blow it out with some compressed air or maybe even clean it with some electrical cleaner spray. Otherwise, go back to the dealer and let them test the fob. It should still be under warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have been in contact with our dealership with no help being provided. First thing I did was call the dealer. My car is under warranty, not the key.

·
Registered
533 Posts
We have been in contact with our dealership with no help being provided. First thing I did was call the dealer. My car is under warranty, not the key.
Please visit another dealer and don't be fooled. Everything is under a full warranty bumper to bumper for the first year. After that, the regular warranty kicks in

Good luck

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
841 Posts
You didn't answer my question and we cant read minds here. Is this a fob or a smart key? They are different.

The key fob is part of the car. It too is under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts