Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm sure anyone who has debadged and replaced your emblems on our cars you've noticed people always trying to figure out what kind of car it is. This happens to me everyday on the road and in the parking lot.

I do Loss Prevention for a retail store and we all park our cars under a camera to keep an eye on them. Yesterday a couple of kids were trying to figure out what it was and one of them got a little too close for comfort so I decided to beep them with the keyless entry to back them off. At about 26 seconds in the video you can see when I beep it and the kid in the red hoodie jumps back. Haha. :D

Sorry about the poor quality, I recorded the video with my phone off the monitor.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
thats priceless! I love this you got him good LOL

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hahahaha, classic!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
haha nice! i had a kid looking at it when i went into the post office to get my foglights cuz when they were delivered, i wasnt home and he came into the post office and asked what kind of car it was. he drove a civic si ^_^ and was impressed by my kia :) ive honked it at an old guy at a mcdonalds too haha

·
Registered
40 Posts
LOL! i was just talking about this with my girlfriend.

I've caught so many people gazing into the whip to check if it's really a Kia, or if it's as good as it is inside as it is outside.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Every Tuesday I get to sit through a fantastically boring meeting that goes for about 2 hours. There's a nice big window at the back of the room (at ground level) and I park my Koup directly in front of it so I can keep an eye on it (and have something more exciting to draw my attention lol). Last week a group of tourists stopped at the truck stop / convenience store next door and there must have been 10 different people stopping to look at it. One woman got her face pressed up against the window so I beeped the horn. Everyone in the meeting was watching the people by that time and we all got a kick out of it. The woman I scared waved at me to come out and when I told her it was a Kia she didn't believe me and asked if it was one of those "kit cars". lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Every Tuesday I get to sit through a fantastically boring meeting that goes for about 2 hours. There's a nice big window at the back of the room (at ground level) and I park my Koup directly in front of it so I can keep an eye on it (and have something more exciting to draw my attention lol). Last week a group of tourists stopped at the truck stop / convenience store next door and there must have been 10 different people stopping to look at it. One woman got her face pressed up against the window so I beeped the horn. Everyone in the meeting was watching the people by that time and we all got a kick out of it. The woman I scared waved at me to come out and when I told her it was a Kia she didn't believe me and asked if it was one of those "kit cars". lol

LMAO. Nice.

At least you add some spice to that boring meeting. KOUP FTW.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.