Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone have any idea where i can get my hands on a keyless ignition for my koup? The option only seems to be available in Korea.

·
Registered
123 Posts
patience :) , time will come, it is so new over here that after market parts are still on the drawing board , forums starting popping out little by little

google is your friend :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
when you find it let me know, I want that on mine but I am patient so I'll wait and save for that, beacuse i bet you it will be a preatty penny to get that install

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Osakeru & Thiefness - maybe I missed something, but you both said you would like it when its found, but there are two websites right above your posts that sell push button start systems for the Kia Forte / Koup

Here is one... it's about $200 for the ignition button and control box/module

Korean Auto Imports

Just trying to help.. sorry if i missed something

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmm...so there is.. now how does that work in the way that other cars have that little 'key card' that stays in your wallet to start it, does that come with the key card? Or do you have to put the oem key in... or what?

I think I just meant that I wish the car had come with push button start, not that it wasn't available, I think... lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Lol. No problem. Just trying to help!!
Lol yea, no problems here either, I'm glad you pointed it out to me.

But I'm still confused as to how it works exactly, because I am assuming that you can't just push the button without some kind of key. Otherwise someone will just break a window and steal it. So does it come with a key card or does it just work as long as your key is in your pocket or is it one of those 'tape a key under the dash' type deals?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Gotta watch aftermarket 'keyless' systems... heck, you gotta watch factory ones, too.

Kia has the Sorento system tuned so fine that the car will not start if the fob is held a few inches away from the window. Stick your arm in the car, and it starts. A co-worker has a Suzuki SX4, and she can leave her keys in her purse, and go to the parking lot and start her car! This is all fine until she drove to a place for lunch a few weeks ago and left her keys at her desk... and then couldn't start the car. If your aftermarket system's range is too far, someone could actually climb in the car and drive away, and would have unlimited range until they either ran out of gas, or shut the car off.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My friend has a new Nissan Altima and they all come with keyless ignition. The way their's works is that you have a key-fob, but no key. You can either click the unlock/lock button on the fob as you walk up to the door, or you can leave your keys and fob in your pocket and just touch a button on the door handle and it will open. After you are in the car, as long as the fob is within 10 feet of the car, you can simply push the start button and it will start. If your fob is outside of 10 feet, the car stops and shuts off. So really, if you don't have the fob in your pocket while you are in the car, you can't drive more than 10 feet to steal the car. I don't know if most are designed this way, but this way works pretty well.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hmm I wonder if that means that they sync the controller to your keyfob with that push start on korean auto imports, I think I am going to send the guy at korean auto imports an email asking exactly how it works and I'll post back the response I get.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Hmm I wonder if that means that they sync the controller to your keyfob with that push start on korean auto imports, I think I am going to send the guy at korean auto imports an email asking exactly how it works and I'll post back the response I get.

Yeah please do, I'm really interested about getting one of these, I think their badass haha. When putting in a aftermarket push start system do you take out the key slot and replace it or something? How does that work?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yeah please do, I'm really interested about getting one of these, I think their badass haha. When putting in a aftermarket push start system do you take out the key slot and replace it or something? How does that work?
not entirely sure but I think you just hook the push button system into the ignition module along with the key ignition, and it installs somewhere else
I dont think it goes where your key would go
dont hold me to that, though, I'm not at all sure

·
Registered
644 Posts
Well from the picture it goes on the dash to the left of the radio like it does on other cars, but that might not be installed on a forte, but that's what the picture on the site says anyway.

I sent them an email, just waiting for their response.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I recall seeing a picture of the push start installed on the left of the radio and the regular key ignition is replaced with a cover. It's still very noticeable that the ignition spot has been replaced by an aftermarket cover, but it looked good. There was also a new key fob that would replace your factory fob. There may be different models out there but that's how I remembered it when I saw it a few months back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts