Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't find anything about this using the search since the search function seems to think "KFX" and "CAI" aren't good enough words. Was browsing the aftermarket sites and saw that they have a new CAI. Anyone have it yet? Significantly cheaper than the turbo-kits one. (would probably be cheaper to buy the exhaust+CAI package though vs. buying this CAI and then TK's exhaust)

KFX Performance - Hyundai and Kia Performance and Styling Parts - Cold Air Intake for Kia Forte 2010 2011 2012: KFX Performance

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I was contemplating buying this over TK but I went with TK cuz there more reliable. They have great customer service, shipping was next day! I wanted the cheaper one but found that this one was a half an inch THINNER in diameter (2.5" compared to 3" for the TK CAI) and liked the wider piping. These are also better made IMO, KFX seems to make them out of someones backyard and that's basically why there cheaper. So I went with the more expensive but I love it and do NOT regret my purchase AT ALL!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i have the Turbo kits one as well. also, the kfx one doesnt come with a ECU braket so you would have to make your own or keep the original airbox in. nor did they have any dyno results. i bought the eibach springs off their site and also the front strut bar as well and bill has been nothing but great to me so i say kfx customer service is up there with the best.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Always good to have forums you can get reliable info from instead of impulse buying =] Right now I'm torn between the CAI+exhaust kit from TK. or getting new rims+tires+lowering springs. WEHHHH

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well Joe it's basically between performance and sound or looks...make the decision but either way you're going to be very happy! Good luck man and update us with ur decision and any pics that may follow :)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Personally, id rather have rims, tires, and lowering springs lol I'm saving for new rims and tires now but I have the eibachs in and the look is sooooo hot. And the ride is much more enjoyable. I put all 4 springs in myself and for the most part, it was easy. Took about 4hrs

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Aidensgrand, I must say...u r the sh*t lol not to be sexist or anything but not many woman can do all the mods u do..u, fas93, and rpps r pretty cool chicks lol :):)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Personally, id rather have rims, tires, and lowering springs lol I'm saving for new rims and tires now but I have the eibachs in and the look is sooooo hot. And the ride is much more enjoyable. I put all 4 springs in myself and for the most part, it was easy. Took about 4hrs
Yeah I'm leaning towards the rims even though it'll be a couple hundred more. Looking at roughly $1000 overall. I have the money but I'm so hesitant to spend it, it's killing me haha.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Yeah I'm leaning towards the rims even though it'll be a couple hundred more. Looking at roughly $1000 overall. I have the money but I'm so hesitant to spend it, it's killing me haha.
Make sure you don't rush into it. Its a lot of money so make sure you get the wheels you want. The set I want are 800 haha

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Make sure you don't rush into it. Its a lot of money so make sure you get the wheels you want. The set I want are 800 haha
I'm actually looking at the rims that SS has. This is the package I'm looking at. Factor in tax+shipping+springs it'll be over $1000. I really love these rims though. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/viewPackageWheelDetail.do;jsessionid=tQvhMXdVP3qhhvLbh72ntWpz3nSkwnWGxjKhBT6sVYVkZ2HvjN29lQSYLSvQ2ydP0MXQGVgspXbRkJmcLTyg1jnv26xJQmCwv0S1hnCGZR6WLnnTPVdYyhbFtr1nYpLQ!1880821143!971732097?yr=2010&pc=40217-61559&counter=0&type=w&rd=17&vid=016644

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Aidensgrand! I've seen posts saying u were a girl! I could be wrong but I couldve swore I had that right lol sorry if I'm wrong..honest mistake

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Haha wow I must be going crazy then lol sorry man...car looks great btw

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.