Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update the dealer called and said it should be ready Monday. I’m in wait and see mode. I apparently also need an alignment and a battery according to the dealer. I’m a bit surprised as the battery is just over a year old when the engine seized.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So finally got my little forte back and it only took 5 months and 3 weeks! Have a 12 month/12k warranty on the engine. The end!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2015 Kia Forte I bought with 40,000 miles is complete junk. Motor is gone at 64,000 miles with power train warranty expiring at 60,000 miles. Telling everyone I know about not buying a Kia.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My '13 Forte SX Koup, with only 88k miles, had the same failure on Feb 21st 2020. I reported this issue to NHTSA, no idea what's going to become of it. Probably nothing. Kia promptly told me to go [email protected]*k myself and it's not their problem. So I'm on my own, and I'm looking for a different engine setup now. [email protected]*k Kia, [email protected]*k Hyundai, they can keep their defective engines. I'll put something else in the car that I know will last longer and be more reliable.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My '13 Forte SX Koup, with only 88k miles, had the same failure on Feb 21st 2020. I reported this issue to NHTSA, no idea what's going to become of it. Probably nothing. Kia promptly told me to go [email protected]*k myself and it's not their problem. So I'm on my own, and I'm looking for a different engine setup now. [email protected]*k Kia, [email protected]*k Hyundai, they can keep their defective engines. I'll put something else in the car that I know will last longer and be more reliable.
That sucks. I hope my 2010 kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2 lasts to the 400,000miles. If not, I wouldn't buy another Kia. I'll buy a Toyota or honda. Unless I can get into Amercan muscle V8.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2013 SX Koupe with 85,500 miles just got rod bearing the death sentence. KIA just told me "too bad, we're sorry but it's your problem" I also filed complaints with NHTSA and BBB. KIA needs to cover these POS engines. First and last KIA if they don't fix this issue and take responsibility for ALL the 2.4 theta II engines.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts