Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few months, my brake light on the driver side will randomly go out then back on. If I wiggle the wires to the light, it will come on. But if I hit a bump they go out again. This seems to be a problem across all models, various years. I can not afford to continue installing new wiring every few weeks. Ideas?

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L 6MT Theta 2, Titanium silver metallic.
746 Posts
What yr?

Also are the bulbs glass/incandescent? If yes then change all glass/incandescent bulbs to LEDs.

Glass/incandescent bulbs burn hot & stay extremely hot & will cause the pigtail sockets to open/soften up/open & eventually be burnt brittle & break off in pieces.

When this happens, the high extreme heat from glass/incandescent bulbs makes the plastic pigtails sockets to become loose & therefore not making any contact.

Also check the wires, fuses, relays & switches.

I've changed all the rear brake lights, reverse, blinkers, high stop light, side mirrors front blinkers to LED's. Haven't had any problem at all.

Don't cheap out. Buy Silvania, Philips at your local Autozone, O'Reilly's, advanced auto parts, Pepboys, Napa & Walmart. Yes they are expensive but you're paying for quality & longevity instead of cheap crap.

Hooe this help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also replace many of my lights with led’s, Sylvania Zevo’s. Not turn signals as I didn’t want to mess with ballasts. But, that being said, I also had an issue with my left rear brake and running light going out intermittently. Turns out the lens was not sealed well and caused corrosion on the terminal. A little sanding and resealing the lens solved it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts